Does your computer restarts a lot?

Seyluv

*Isu's Empress/Wife*
Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2006
Messages
5,441
Location
???
RPG Name
Beloved-Shadowqueen
I just wanted to know if anyone else here computers restarts a lot on its owned.

Mines does that a lot. I always be so mad when that happened. I be losing important data and stuff.
 
Avathar said:
Yes, my old computer had that. But then again, it was a piece of old junk, with Windows 95, and a virus. -_-

me too, expect i throw mine out the window (on 2nd floor of my house)
 
u can be jelous of me but i have a laptop with windows xp and dsl(extreamly fast combo)
 
I have a laptop and Desktop. They both have XP and stuff. I only had my laptop for less than a year. And my desktop for about three years.
 
Whatever, I guess.
 
DSL? DSL is slow ;)

If your computer is restarting very often for no apparent reason you could have a virus. Or could also just be hardware problems (which would basically mean you have to replace the malfunctioning parts or buy a new computer to fix it)..
 
if it it was a laptop restarting by itself it's probably so it can save energy,i went there before.if it's a regular computer don't know what to tell you.
 
Well, a laptop should turn off or enter standby/hibernation mode if it runs critically low on battery power, not restart. I do know some viruses may cause computers to restart very frequently (and make them very slow too). Restarts may be automatic due to Windows crashes too (Windows XP, for example, simply restarts instantly instead of showing a "blue screen of death" like the older versions of Windows did), and that could be caused by any serious hardware or software error.
 
empresscrystal said:
Yeah, I guess.

Ah man, I thought the thread towards you made some sense, but I guess not. :p

If you don't have anything to say, then don't post something like 'Yeah, I guess.' ;/
 
Well, I really want to thank you guys for your help.
 
your computer could also be over heating. many computers will shutdown or restart themselves when the processor temperature exceedes like 190 degrees

*my computer(s)*
HP Pavilion ze5570us notebook
512 MB ram 80 gb harddrive, 128mb 3d graphics, dvd-rw, integrated wireless

custom built

MSI motherboard, AMD 3200+ processor overclocked to 3.8 GHZ, 2 GB RAM, 1GB 3d graphics, 250 GB serial Harddrive, tv tuner,
 
My desktop is doing great now, it turns out that the program crashed.

I fixed it, only thing wrong with it is that it won't play Midi files
 
forever yours said:
your computer could also be over heating. many computers will shutdown or restart themselves when the processor temperature exceedes like 190 degrees

*my computer(s)*
HP Pavilion ze5570us notebook
512 MB ram 80 gb harddrive, 128mb 3d graphics, dvd-rw, integrated wireless

custom built

MSI motherboard, AMD 3200+ processor overclocked to 3.8 GHZ, 2 GB RAM, 1GB 3d graphics, 250 GB serial Harddrive, tv tuner,
O[]O
my god i love your computer!

newayz im not sure about restarting itself,but every now my desktop refuses to turn off
-_-"
i have to unplug it to turn it off....but it is a piece of junk. ^_^;
 
OMG, thats really bad if you have to manually shut it down... thats the time to upgrade lol!

Well now children, here are some handy tips in maintaining your hardware, easy really!

1. Clean the back of the PC, build up of dust stops air flow, hence computer over heating.
2. Ideally do a reboot once a week for those of us who leave our pc's on all the time.
3. Run a Disc Clean and Defrag once a month or more. You can find these tools in properties on C drive. Don't worry, it will not distroy any data, just put it in order, think of it as maintaining a library.
4. Last of all, if your PC is older than 3 years old, you could think of upgrading or just expect to have problems.

Ok now children, thats all from me today!
 
Whoa I don't do most of those rules. I'm make sure I follow them, of course I kinda want a new computer...just for my Sims alone.
 
My hero Squall said:
OMG, thats really bad if you have to manually shut it down... thats the time to upgrade lol!

Well now children, here are some handy tips in maintaining your hardware, easy really!

1. Clean the back of the PC, build up of dust stops air flow, hence computer over heating.
2. Ideally do a reboot once a week for those of us who leave our pc's on all the time.
3. Run a Disc Clean and Defrag once a month or more. You can find these tools in properties on C drive. Don't worry, it will not distroy any data, just put it in order, think of it as maintaining a library.
4. Last of all, if your PC is older than 3 years old, you could think of upgrading or just expect to have problems.

Ok now children, thats all from me today!
i know XD
but i think im just gonna geta bigger Harddrive its too small as it is,and the computer keeps yelling at me that im running outta disk space XD.
poor thing ^^"
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top