Don't you see the similitud??

Luis

·· Fresón rebelde ··
Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2005
Messages
1,539
RPG Name
Deathhunter
Have you ever seen the series Dragon Ball? If so, you'll probably find some similitudes between the main character of the series (Son Goku) and the main character of FFIX (Yitan). First, you may see that Yitan has a tail, like some kind of monkey, and Son Goku had it too when young. Till here there's no need to worry about, as we just talk about a tail. But when Yitan reaches state of trance, he becomes some kind of monkey, and pink hair grows all around his body. A really similar transformation suffers Goku in Dragon Ball GT series when he reaches the Fourth level of Super Sayan. Isn't it too coincidence??
I must say that Dragon Ball much more older than FFIX.
What do you think?
 
Last edited:
Yitan? I thought it was Zidane? Also, they have really different personalities, not to mention looks (sort of).
 
Yitan is just the name of Zidane in the Spanish version.. I remember Luis said that before :)
 
i saw that the first time i played, and kind of laughed :D but i dont think theyre trying to copy dragonball, at least i hope it isnt...though the similarities are very apparent. was square called square enix when they made ffIX? because toriyama works with enix...(dragon quest)... dragonball is very popular in japan(well, it is in every part of the world, but...^^;) still, its very interesting.

edit: oh, dont forget, theyre both from a different planet :)
 
I forgot it was called Zidane :D Good you remember it Shadowheart ;) Of course they are not equal, I didn't say that, I just found these similarities curious, don't you? (I didn't know Toriyama works with Enix!! Perhaps it might explain it... :rolleyes: ) Everytime I enter the forum I learn new things :p
 
Last edited:
You're right. Dragonball.

Like this:

Sangoku=Zidane
Picolo=Amarant
Vegeta=Kuja
Frieza=Garland
Super Saiyan=Trance
planet Vegeta=Terra
Chichi= Dagger
Saiyans= Genomes
Gohan= Vivi
Yamcha= Blank
Ox King= Baku
Yaijirobe= Quina
Tien= Steiner
Bulma= Eiko
Trunks= Mikoto
Krillin=Cinna
Android 18= Lani
Master Roshi= Cid
Dodoria and Zarbon/or/Nappa and Raditz= Zorn and Thorn
Ginyu Force: Terra Guardians
Guldo= Wind
Jeice= Fire
Burter= Water
Recoome= Earth

.... and so on. :D
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top