Double, triple hits?

Greendragon

Chocobo Rider
Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2006
Messages
144
Age
36
Location
central square, new york
Occupation
repair on a horse farm
RPG Name
Dante
Heres a dumb question for all you FFXII owners, I red the strategy guide and instruction book but didnt find anything about it.

I was wondering what can improve your chances of getting more than one hit? and what are the circumstances? I have the same question about parrys and blocks too. is it just totlly random? Thanks.
 
I'm not sure about the double and triple hits.. i have hit up to 6 times in a row, but shields add to your evade not defence and thats for blocking attacks, and i don't know about parry i have never done it yet.
 
Multiple attacks depends on the type of weapon you have equiped. Heavy weapons rarely give you more than two attacks. While light weapons - think daggers - give you a greater probability of hitting more than one or two times in one attack command.

Shields help immensly with blocking - as do the 'shield block' augments on the license board.

Parrying depends on your evade I believe.
 
It seems that it would be more effective to use the heavier weapon though such as javelins and poles. The odds of a 2+ hit combo are slim anyway.
 
I guess it all depends on your style of gameplay.

Swords and shields may be more well-know by previous gamers (such as myself) and I prefer a melee party with strong defense and high evade.

New players may prefer to have a main melee character, and two supportive/healing/status-ailment-inflicting characters...for those who are familiar with FFX - think Auron with Yuna healing and Rikku stealing or Wakka using dark or blind or silence.

If you understand the battle mechanics, adjust your equipment based off of the enemies you expect to face-vs-your preferance of battle.
 
I think I found something with the handaxe. I've noticed that with the handaxe, I've hit with damage ranging from 40-450. I kid you not. I don't know if it's purely coincidental or if this is fact, but what when you attack with your back to the enemy, you'll make a swiping or slashing blow which does more damage than facing the enemy. When facing the enemy, it seems like you're likely to not strike with as much damage due to a weak little chop.

Also, stick close to the enemey. If you have a handaxe and are farther away, you'll do a reaching attack which yields VERY little damage.
 
darkshadow2247 said:
I think I found something with the handaxe. I've noticed that with the handaxe, I've hit with damage ranging from 40-450. I kid you not. I don't know if it's purely coincidental or if this is fact, but what when you attack with your back to the enemy, you'll make a swiping or slashing blow which does more damage than facing the enemy. When facing the enemy, it seems like you're likely to not strike with as much damage due to a weak little chop.

Also, stick close to the enemey. If you have a handaxe and are farther away, you'll do a reaching attack which yields VERY little damage.

Very, very nice tips. Ill be sure to check these out the next time i play.
Thanks a lot!! :)
 
using katanas lets you hit for 4 or more times sometimes very strongley. The hits get higher and higher every time you hit with the katana's.
 
Last edited:
Poles are good weapons for getting multiple hits. I made poles the primary weapon for Penelo, and every once in a while she can strike 4 times or more.

I wonder though; can guns have multiple attacks?
 
guns really suck in the game but thats only my opinion. theres not one single gun in the game that I thought was strong enough to use against creature.s
 
Guns can pierce the enemy's defense, so they can do good damage against even monsters like Flans and such.

Darkshadow, Handaxes, Hammers, and Handbombs all deal somewhat random damage. They're still powerful (Haste and Berserk <3), but the damage they deal is never guaranteed.

Katana (and Poles are another good choice) can hit many multiple times with Haste and Berserk, and are all Dark-elemental (making them great against Yazmat, who is Holy-elemental). With say, the Masamune and Genji Glove, you can sometimes even score up to 12 hits. The Genji Glove is great for scoring multiple hits.
 
Zeromus_X said:
Darkshadow, Handaxes, Hammers, and Handbombs all deal somewhat random damage. They're still powerful (Haste and Berserk <3), but the damage they deal is never guaranteed.

I realized that after playing later but never posted about it :p
 
I enjoy using the Formalhaut (strongest gun) with the Wyrmfire shot (+3, fire elemental.)

It may be a little on the weak side, but it is a great long-ranged weapon and difficult...if not impossible to dodge. Downside: no multiple hits with a ranged weapon :(
 
I have to say that each one of my characters lean one way.

Ashe turned out to be my mid-character, wielding Gold Shield, Protect Armor, and the Blood Sword.

Vaan is a pole character. He seems to really kick-ass. Great evade and multiple attacks.

Basch is my Katana and Samurai sword wielder. Also my main thief considering he is equipped with Thief Cuffs.

Penelo is my small weapon+shield character. She goes between axes and daggers. Great evade and does well in both Magick and Melee.

Balthier is my wildcard. I use poles, handbombs, daggers and spears with him. Whichever I see fit at the moment.

Fran is my long range with bows. She is always in the background doing a great job of supporting. Not to mention those bows are powerful and accurate.

You really just have to test everything. Magicks and Techniques come in handy as well, so don't forget to get those. Oh and Quickenings ftw. What is everyone's highest combo? Mine is 15 right now.
 
A couple of things I thought to post here:

1) Your combo ratio depends on how many HP you have left...for ex: if you are in the red (almost KO'ed) the likelyhood of you comboing will increase (this is best seen when using the Technick: Infuse, taking one or two steps to get an MP back and using it again - giving yourself 10 hp...excellent strategy when combined with a weapon that gives you a high combo percentage and Genji gloves.)

3) Guns, bow and arrows, handbombs and crossbows do not combo.

4) The Wyrmhero blade has the highest combo%, followed by the Yagyu Darkblade (dropped from rare game: Bombshell, followed by the Masamune ninja sword.
 
Out of your four posts, I think at the least, three of them are flames. Or at least seem to be.

So keep it under control, before we have to take some action.
 
wat u mean by flames??

i know 4 a fact that the gokhu pole equipped to penelo will almost always give u a six hit combo everytime
its tru than wen ur health is low that your rate of hit combos will increase, and it is impossible to get hit combos with a bow or gun and hand grenade type weapon

im only lvl 60ish at the start of pharos my first time playin and ive gotten almost everything i can so far, including the hunts and stuff lol, bit overboard for first time playing really
 
Flames they are like directing words at another user which could be deemed offensive and in turn cause other users to direct them back at you.

A while back a user posted some flames in here, they've been deleted from this thread.

As for the thread topic I didn't no about the hp crtiical thing, cool I'll remember that next time. The most I've ever seen one of my characters ever do was 6 hits in a combo and that was using a short range axe.

Im still in the stillshrine of miriam story wise but i am just wondering round some of the more hidden areas at the moment. That barheim passage where the esper is is quite annoying.
 
I think I've already spoken in this thread, but I'm too lazy right now to go and look back. X3 So I'll just update what I've observed;

Katanas, though in some ways they can be weak, have an extremely good chance of combo-ing. Knightswords land several hit combos only occasionally, but poles and spears are REALLY good for getting combo hits. Combined with what Reason said, those weapon types can prove to be very useful. But, this is just all of what I've noticed playing through the game a second time. Don't even ask about daggers--I never used them. =P
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top