EASY way to get Venus Sigil (Thunder Plains mini-game.)

Phoenix Flame

Go Umbarbar do my bidding
Super Moderator
Joined
Nov 22, 2005
Messages
3,044
Location
By myself. It's lonely ;-;
Website
www.reasoniamalive.com
Occupation
Cardiac tech/lover ^^;
Ok, I HAD to write this (and I'll probably spam a little by posting it in two or three other spots because of importance.) I found an 'EASY' way to dodge lightning!
In the second main area, (after the travel agency) right when you start out - walk northwest until you come to the lake in this area. Where I stood was the corner of the lake (where you could either walk up-left diagonally on the d-pad to go towards the west side of the plains, or right/up-right on the d-pad to go towards the east and north ends of the plain respectively.) Lightning here dodges as follows: first bolt in about 8-10 seconds, followed by a 2-3 second interval 2nd bolt. It may sound a little odd at first, but once you get the timing down it is SO easy! I dodged, waited a few seconds and dodged again; ran back to the edge of the lake again and waited a few more seconds and repeated. Doing this, I was able to dodge 230 bolts in a little over 45 minutes (I think, I didn't time myself - but will next time) all this while STILL FIGHTING! I was able to capture all the fiends in the calm lands AND get the sigil very easily.
Secondly - I wanted to note this because in addition to the sigil, you also get a) 2x MP sphere for dodging 20, b) 3x Str. sphere for 50, c) 3x Hp sphere for dodging 100, and d) 4x Megalixer for 150. I'm currently working on a Tidus-only challenge, and those Str. spheres and Hp spheres will come in handy - especially early on in the game! Best of luck (you won't need it!)
 
Wow. =O

I knew about it, but I never got it to work, because I didn't get the timing right, because I couldn't dodge them. Since you know the seconds, you know what to expect, so it's really easy. Nice find. :D
 
Kat said:
O.O
45 mins. thats alot of time just for a secret weapon,i never even bothered getting Tidus' weapon,i dunno why.....but thats prolly why,lol


Not for the weapon, for the SIGIL.

The weapon is at Baaj Temple - remember? J/K. I'm sure you meant that.

Yeah, so it's not just getting the Sigil...its also fighting, and - if you have a capture weapon on it, you can collect 10X all 8 monsters in the plains in 45 minutes. Good for some sphere levels too. So :p

Wow! I guess the catcher chocobo game was a little rough. It took me about as long to beat that as it did to get the Sigil :D

RPG'er for life!
 
You have to dodge 200 bolts, right? erm... Someone told me that, but I misunderstood and dodged over 400 xD
 
I actually found it pretty easy to dodge them. In the beginning it was hit all the time but then after a short while you learn the trick to when to push. Felt like I could go on forever but didn't see any point in doing more than 200.
 
thx for the tips, i'll definetly try it sometime
i got 136 times then i got hit by the lightning at one day, i was realy pissed of back then
 
I'm on my second game of ff10 and I attempted the lightning dodging again. I was well pissed off when I got to 120 and then I fumbled with the x button and got hit by lightning.

I am going to attempt it again tonight.
 
Good luck! Have you tried this method? I had the light turned off and kept a mental (and written) record of how many I had dodged and added each time I fought a battle. The lightning by the lake is so regular I bed you could time it...didn't want to get into habbit of pressing X at a certain time and be wrong. Just kept waiting for the seemingly routine flash of light and then would press it. XD
 
well this is new. i read from other sources dat u can just hide under the awning or wdv in de travel agency and u wont get hit but can dodge? i dunno, i nvr attempted getting the venus sigil. i fully unlocked aurons, yuna and tidus(main pty) though, tidus's sigil was de hardest. getting 0.00 in de chocobo race. sigh.
 
Arcane said:
well this is new. i read from other sources dat u can just hide under the awning or wdv in de travel agency and u wont get hit but can dodge? i dunno, i nvr attempted getting the venus sigil. i fully unlocked aurons, yuna and tidus(main pty) though, tidus's sigil was de hardest. getting 0.00 in de chocobo race. sigh.

....actually - its supposed to be < 0.00secs. I hated those damn birds >__<

I think Lu's weapon is one of the better one to unlock - simply because she's the best (barring Yuna) with magic...at least until you power-level = 3
 
Thanks for that, i might try it all i have to get is venus sigil and wakka's sigil. I hate doing blitzball games >_<.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top