Ethernet

Tiny Bronco

No Scoped
Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2006
Messages
1,561
Age
34
Location
Ohio
Occupation
life
RPG Name
Black Tongue
My question is that I have my router in my basement and I want to get internet access on my third floor and I'm not sure how. Wireless singlas can't get through our floors so I either have to run a cord all the way through my house or use a phone jack thats up there already.

If I were to use the phone jack I would have to get a phone cord to ethernet adaptor and plug that into my computer, but would or would not this get dial-up internet.

Basically do I have to connect to my router to get high speed internet?
 
Tiny Bronco said:
so I either have to run a cord all the way through my house or use a phone jack thats up there already.

If I were to use the phone jack I would have to get a phone cord to Ethernet adaptor and plug that into my computer, but would or would not this get dial-up internet.

So you are saying this is what you are hoping you can do...
tinybqo8.png


Instead of this...
tinyb2jp7.png


am i getting this right? (just making sure i understand before i answer ;) )
 
So run the cables to the second floor and use a wireless router. That's what I did and my Ethernet is working properly. Trust me running wires sucks, I've already done it.

Let me know what happens.
 
Yes, that is what I'm trying to do Staircase.

So that should get me high speed internet?
 
Unfortunately that will not work.
But are you sure the wireless wont reach, or are you just guessing? Because I also have a computer in my basement and I'm upstairs, and i get wireless down to the basement fine.
 
if it is true you cant get the internet through the floors you will have to run cables and it really does suck but atleast you dont have to go under the house that sucks even worse
 
The 2nd one. The 1st one works fine, but its a pain in the ass to have to run a 50foot cord through your house, which was why wireless was made.
 
It usually comes built in laptops, but you can buy a router and wireless card so your PC can get wireless access to your internet.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top