ethers cost so much

richboywonder

Swordmaster
Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2006
Messages
1,315
Age
33
Location
? ? ? ? ?
Website
www.gamefaqs.com
Occupation
? ? ? ? ?
RPG Name
richboywonder
in ff4 why do ethers cost 10000gil,and dry ethers 50000,and elixers 100000.that's too much money.doesn't cost too much for you.
 
It's supposed to make you conserve your MP; but you shouldn't be using it so often anyway. But you find a lot of Ethers throughout the game, which should be enough. If you're playing the Gameboy Advance version, money shouldn't be an issue though.
 
money don't create problems to me, i seldom use items or mp for that matter
 
gill is really not that hard to get unless you have the one on GBA.
 
Here's the best way to get money.

Steal like a few hundred Siren items from the Last Arm and Alarm monsters in the Lunar Ruins areas that look like the Tower of Babil/Giant of Babil. Then go to the bottom room before the fifth floor in the Core of the Moon (the one that had a treasure chest in it). Make sure everyone or most of your party members have Ribbons. Use the Sirens. You'll encounter Flan Princesses. You'll always encounter five. Use Bahamut/Meteor/Holy/whatever until they die. You'll get a ton of experience and around 230,000 Gil each time. If you're extremely lucky, you can get a Pink Tail and give it to the tail guy in the Adamant Cave for an Adamant Armor, though I've only gotten one. Turbo Ethers and Fuma Shurikens are also normal drops from them.

By the time I was done using my Sirens, I had a bit over 10,000,000 Gil. But don't buy Megalixirs, you don't need them. Just buy normal Elixirs.
 
Oh wow. I have the Chronicles version, and I couldn't make it past the last Behemoth on the moon without Ethers. Can someone tell me where to buy them? I could have sworn it was Underground or something.
 
Yeah, the GBA version is pretty broken.

For Chronicles, I'm sure that you can buy them in the Hummingway home. (South of the Lunar Palace, in a cave). I haven't gotten to the Moon yet on my file, but I'm sure it's the same.

Edit: Hi Sagensyg! :D
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top