Evil.

Hydra

3, 2, 1, Let's Jam
Member
Joined
May 22, 2006
Messages
8,560
Location
Maryland
Website
gamefaqs.com
Occupation
Student
RPG Name
HeavensCloudX
'Kay, time for a groundbreaking topic, gals and guys.

What is your view on evil?

Where did it come from? Is there really evil in the world?

I had this discussion on another forum, and my friend and I got into a heated debate about the source of evil, and why there is so much of it.

So, hope to hear from you all, and possibly learn a few things about the ways of the world, evil, and even good.

K go.
 
well it's easy to answer all the questions religiously, but its lots harder to define on the other levels on our own. eventually we'll find out that the two answers are really close -i think-. so to be critical, im jus sayin that religion is givin out a good pointer to what is n what isnt evil

so yeh, there IS such a thing as evil; most standard stuff forbidden by the religion trio (i say that coz i only believe in them n no others IMO) are agreed on by anyone (in general, from monks to atheists) to be evil. then we're left with what the religions n people differ about which leaves it pretty hard to define if it's actually evil or not! 0.0"

thats me o.o
 
Almost everyone here prolly know's my point of view D='
*laughs hysterically at John*
LOL LOOK OUT THE DEVIL'S FINNA RAPE YOU.
jk xD


Ehh, so evil..
hmm..

In my opinion, there is no such thing as "evil" there are just two different views to how are world is. [I have no religion..soo.]
Evil is just a word to describe the people who do bad things.
But when you think of those people, somethings obviously driven them to do the things they do.
A lot of times no one can figure out why they do it, so that kinda does leave a gap in my opinion.
=/
 
*laughs hysterically at John*
LOL LOOK OUT THE DEVIL'S FINNA RAPE YOU.
jk xD


Ehh, so evil..
hmm..

In my opinion, there is no such thing as "evil" there are just two different views to how are world is. [I have no religion..soo.]
Evil is just a word to describe the people who do bad things.
But when you think of those people, somethings obviously driven them to do the things they do.
A lot of times no one can figure out why they do it, so that kinda does leave a gap in my opinion.
=/

I laffed out loud.

Then called my friend over here. And she burst out laughing.

We're stealing this comment and making it a daily joke, kthx? xD

(Will edit with opinion)
 
Kind of agreeing with Kat on this one that evil by all means is really just a perspective depending on what side you are on. One mans hero is another's enemy. So by all respects evil is a man made creation that really doesn't exist.
 
I'm not gonna bring religion into it unless someone else does first. 'Cause I don't wanna be mean. xD

But hay June.

Let's say I kidnapped someone, murdered them, and got life in prison. (I pray I never do that. O_O;)

So hai, I'm in prison. Herro, never getting out. Let's ask myself a few questions.

Why'd I do it? There's a good chance that I just didn't randomly pick out someone, and think, "Oh, I'm gonna go get her, and she'll never see the light of day ever again." Most likely, if I did something that drastic to someone, I'd have to know the person, right? That's mostly common sense. There are some sick people out there who do things to people because they're there, but for the most part, a lot of crimes happen between people who know each other, right?

'Kay. So, I did it, and I did it to someone I know. I'm going to take a big jump here. I'm going to say, that I perfectly knew what I was doing when I did it. That can be argued all day long, because sometimes people claim they're insane when they do crimes as drastic as these. (And I believe them. O_O)

I'ma use OJ as an example, 'cause we all know he did it. Haha, j/k. But really. If I killed someone, and knew perfectly well what I was doing, then what does that tell us? It tells us a lot of things. I chose to do that, on my own time. I may have known what I was doing was wrong, but I did it anyway.

And on that point, killing someone is wrong. We all think so, right? For the most part. Some of us think self-defense isn't wrong. If someone's trying to end your life, and you end theirs because you were protecting your own, it's okay, isn't it? What's the difference of that, and just killing someone because they're a threat? Or doing it in general? They died, you didn't. Only your morals are different in that situation. But the fact is, you killed a human being. Your own self concept doesn't change that.

Is that wrong? Maybe your parents rose you up in the mindset that you should protect yourself if someone messes with you. Maybe they rose you up, saying that you should avoid conflict. Either way, they told you something, and you set your beliefs upon it. Though, as you know, everyone has different beliefs.

Some people may believe that self-defense is okay, and some people may oppose that. But in retrospect, your beliefs define the roots of evil. Or it may contradict the idea. All in all, you yourself make evil what it is, and with trillions of people in the world, the word Evil has trillions of meanings.

Of course, religion makes a solid definition of evil, but religion is biased to which you believe in. So I'm not touching that.

xD

/Mini-Rant.

Haiiii.
 
Oh danngg.
Yer good.
D:


But yah, Blackstar pretty much, has my point.
xD

Blackstar said:
Kind of agreeing with Kat on this one that evil by all means is really just a perspective depending on what side you are on. One mans hero is another's enemy. So by all respects evil is a man made creation that really doesn't exist.

Word, mah brotha.
<3
 
I was just agreeing wif you, for the most part.

xD

For the most part.

O_O
 
Kind of agreeing with Kat on this one that evil by all means is really just a perspective depending on what side you are on. One mans hero is another's enemy. So by all respects evil is a man made creation that really doesn't exist.

My hero states I should kill you...


...and I agree with him. <3



o_O That last statement was ludicrous.

For the MOST part. I disagree with you.

The only part that I agree on is that evil is something that people do.
 
Last edited:
Our opinion, ludicrous?
What's wrong with our opinion?

And no, you're not going to kill him, don't be ridiculous.
He has a different religion with you, whoopdie doo.
=/
 
That statement was ludicrous...simply thinking that good and evil are just imaginary will lead to the destruction of our society. Murder? o_O Says who? I say this guy deserved it. Raep? 0.0 She knows she wanted meh.

...how about unnecessary wars, or just mass exterminations of races of people like Hitler? But nooo that's not evil. Just as me SAYING that I was gonna kill Blackstar is ludicrous, so I believe that his statement is too.
 
That statement was ludicrous...simply thinking that good and evil are just imaginary will lead to the destruction of our society. Murder? o_O Says who? I say this guy deserved it. Raep? 0.0 She knows she wanted meh.

...how about unnecessary wars, or just mass exterminations of races of people like Hitler? But nooo that's not evil. Just as me SAYING that I was gonna kill Blackstar is ludicrous, so I believe that his statement is too.
He wasn't evil.

He was just f#%^ed up in the head. <3

We just define him as evil because of our general belief on what evil is. But to someone like him, whose either clear headed or a little mentally insane, I forgot which, evil can mean something totally different.

This supports the fact that evil is just man generated, and we just give it any definition we want it to.

And a man of religion such as yourself, probably has another idea on what evil is, amirite?

So who's right? D:
 
I didn't say that Hitler WAS evil...just promoted the idea that his ACTIONS were evil.

I've been tempted to kill people before - at the time I would say that they deserved it. = 3

...but I'M not evil, just sinful. : /
 
it's gettin heated in here 0.0

i believe in the existence of evil not because of religion, but its coz umm.... well some things u can do n some others u cant. i mean , its not good if i robbed someone, i mean it's jus unfair! why i would do that would be another issue. but it still wouldnt change the fact that i did sometin unfair which we otherwise call "eeeeeevvviilllllllllllll" o.o

in short regardless of anythin (includin religion) some basic acts all ppl can agree on to be bad; liek killin, stealin, injustice, tyranny, n so on >.>

thas wha ah think anywayz! -.O
 
Last edited:
Good and Evil Are just Words We Just use To make What we Do Right or Wrong Thats My View
 
I didn't say that Hitler WAS evil...just promoted the idea that his ACTIONS were evil. /

There are only evil actions, not evil people. But people who have committed evil action after evil action after evil action can eventually influence themselves by doing those things. They become 'high' from the kind of control thet get by committing a crime, or whatever it may be...the power of being in control of something is enough to corrupt anyone's mind.

What I've said isn't absolute truth, I know. But TRUE evil...is something that hasn't really come to exist long enough and intensely enough to be noticed. When it does, it will be made much more apparent. But for now I'm content to say that people can only do things that are bad enough to be considered 'evil,' but the people are not TRULY evil themselves.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top