evolution- yes/no

Avathar said:
But you'd have to admit: Imagine: Today the day, a world without scientific reasonings, and only religious standards: it wouldn't work at all for the people of today.

That might have worked out, like, 700 years ago, but think of it this way:

Which holds more possible threats: religious beliefs, or scientific facts?


I do admit, religion is not all some people make it out to be. That's because most people who are 'religious' have missed the mark. God does not call us to be religious in a sense most of us know - He calls us into a relationship. He wants a personal, connective bond with us into our lives and then He wants us to connect with others. Traditional 'religion' is worldly - not necessarily wrong, depending on the organizations views, but unless they get this fundamental truth, they are not living out God's purpose for their lives.

On the other hand, science has made the world what it is today. Although we may disagree about many things from religious viewpoints to politics, just the point that we CAN disagree at all from 1/2 way around the world is facsinating. I love the sciences! I can't imagine any culture throwing away reason and logic. I just don't see it as The Answer - I'm sure you get my point.
 
In my opinion I believe that evolution is change, in a sense, or the way we adapt as a race. For example, take the Neandertal they stayed in one general region in modern day Europe. They were nomads, roaming, searching for food untill it was scarce. Homo sapiens on the other hand developed the brain power to create tools and utilize them. Which brings me to my conclusion, evolution is not evolving from a certain animal, but the way we adapt to our surroundings

-Jhimian
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top