- Joined
- Jul 27, 2005
- Messages
- 2,931
- Age
- 98
- Location
- Core of the Moon (Phoenix, AZ)
- RPG Name
- Neo Zeromus_X
Yup, your favorite means of customization in the Final Fantasy games. I can't decide, I'll probably post later.
FFII: Heh, funny. I like how they made it more realisitic, but with tricks to abuse it, it isn't that hard to just level up quickly. Though I do think its fun to just play normally and see how you do without the Attack/Cancel or Swap tricks.
FFI/III/V/Tactics/X-2/XI: Standard FF fun, with Jobs and Abilities. FFIII Introduced it (The Thief can actually do something), and FFV Expanded on it. FF Tactics greatly expanded on it, making it a true experience. And FFX-2's Dresspheres were very creative and I loved using different Garment Grids to use them effectively.
FFIV: The traditional means of advancement in old-school RPGs. A step-back, for this game, but at least they introduced ATB.
Characters each have different classes and pre-set abilities, and level up to learn new spells.
FFVI: Unfortunately, this marked the end of uniqueness. True, everyone had different class-specific abilities like FFIV, but now almost everyone can learn every spell and become gods. Prepare for alot of this.
FFVII: It was very creative, and although every character's starting materia suggests what job they are, everyone basically becomes a clone after you get all that high-leveled materia. (*cough*Mime*cough*) Still, very customizable, more than ever before.
FFVIII: Wow, like FFVII on crack. Even more customization. Of course, with the ways to exploit it and get high level magic early, it made the game pretty easy...but it gets props for being one of the most unique systems I've ever seen. And really, who can resist being all-powerful?
FFIX: Yay! We get more armor again! Yes! Not as advanced as the other modern FFs' systems, but very fun nonetheless. You gain new abilities from equipment, and can equip them with a limit, allowing good customization. Not like this game wasn't awesome enough as it is.
FFX: Might be overwhelming like the Junction System, but you can also use it to your favor. Of course, if you're trying to fight those scary Dark Aeons, everyone's going to be a stat-maxed clone anyway. (*Yuna hits for 99,999 damage*)
FFXII: I don't know much about it, other than its a Sphere Grid-esque system. We'll see how it is when I get my copy of FFXII.
FFII: Heh, funny. I like how they made it more realisitic, but with tricks to abuse it, it isn't that hard to just level up quickly. Though I do think its fun to just play normally and see how you do without the Attack/Cancel or Swap tricks.
FFI/III/V/Tactics/X-2/XI: Standard FF fun, with Jobs and Abilities. FFIII Introduced it (The Thief can actually do something), and FFV Expanded on it. FF Tactics greatly expanded on it, making it a true experience. And FFX-2's Dresspheres were very creative and I loved using different Garment Grids to use them effectively.
FFIV: The traditional means of advancement in old-school RPGs. A step-back, for this game, but at least they introduced ATB.
FFVI: Unfortunately, this marked the end of uniqueness. True, everyone had different class-specific abilities like FFIV, but now almost everyone can learn every spell and become gods. Prepare for alot of this.
FFVII: It was very creative, and although every character's starting materia suggests what job they are, everyone basically becomes a clone after you get all that high-leveled materia. (*cough*Mime*cough*) Still, very customizable, more than ever before.
FFVIII: Wow, like FFVII on crack. Even more customization. Of course, with the ways to exploit it and get high level magic early, it made the game pretty easy...but it gets props for being one of the most unique systems I've ever seen. And really, who can resist being all-powerful?
FFIX: Yay! We get more armor again! Yes! Not as advanced as the other modern FFs' systems, but very fun nonetheless. You gain new abilities from equipment, and can equip them with a limit, allowing good customization. Not like this game wasn't awesome enough as it is.
FFX: Might be overwhelming like the Junction System, but you can also use it to your favor. Of course, if you're trying to fight those scary Dark Aeons, everyone's going to be a stat-maxed clone anyway. (*Yuna hits for 99,999 damage*)
FFXII: I don't know much about it, other than its a Sphere Grid-esque system. We'll see how it is when I get my copy of FFXII.
Last edited: