Favorite game battle music.

Zeromus_X

Summoner
Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2005
Messages
2,931
Age
98
Location
Core of the Moon (Phoenix, AZ)
RPG Name
Neo Zeromus_X
*copies fav list from other forum*

Any game, any scenario.

Regular themes:

"Fighting the Shadowy Gods" ~ Valkyrie Profile

"Rocking Grounds" ~ Final Fantasy III

"The Cutting Edge of Notion" ~ Star Ocean: Till the End of Time

"Man with the Machine Gun" ~ Final Fantasy VIII

Boss Themes:

"Confidence in the Domination" ~ Star Ocean 3 version

"Incarnation of the Devil" ~ Also SO3 version

"The Divine Spirit of Language" ~ SO3

"Seymour Battle" ~ Final Fantasy X

Final Boss themes

"Dancing Mad" ~ Final Fantasy VI (All four parts, third portion is my favorite.)

"Integral Body, Imperfect Soul" ~ Star Ocean: The Second Story

"Meridian Dance" ~ Seiken Densetsu II

"Ultima, the Perfect Body" ~ Final Fantasy Tactics
 
I'm assuming you mean "One Winged Angel", though I'll list 'em all because I like listing things.

Jenova-SYNTHESIS: Jenova Absolute
Bizzaro Sephiroth: Birth of a God
Safer Sephiroth: One Winged Angel (Though the actual translation is more like "An Angel with wings on one side"...)

Edit: Oh hell, I like "Ultima, the Nice Body" too. I like all of FFT's battle themes, there!! xD
 
Last edited:
My top favorite Final Fantasy random battle themesongs:

1. FFIII
2. FFVII
3. FFIV
4. FFVIII
5. FFX
6. FFIX
7. FFVI
8. FFX-2
9. FFI
10. FFII
11. FFV

^_______^
 
Well FF7s has the best of the few I've played. However, I don't like it because I've heard it sooooooooo many times! :D
 
I also got sick of OWA. But I'll never get sick of Dancing Mad! <3 Especially the Black Mage's rendition of it.

Still, I also like the orchestral/rock version of it in Advent Children.

*Adds 'The Extreme' to the list*
 
I like the battle and boss music in most of FFI-FFVI, they are generally pretty good despite lacking in the hardware department. In FFVII, I love the boss battle music and of course One Winged Angel. The regular battle tune in FFVII is pretty good too, I notice that when I play FFVII for the first time in a long while, but I get tired of it in the long run. In FVIII, I like basically all of the final boss themes, The Legendary Beast, Maybe I'm a Lion and The Extreme. In FFIX there's Dark Messenger (last Kuja battle).

As for some non-FF games.. In SO2 the final boss music Integral Body, Imperfect Soul is great, and some of the tunes of the Ten Wise Men-battles near the end are pretty damn good as well. In SO1 I love both the regular battle music and the boss music.. I have trouble finding good quality audio files of those though :( SO3 has some decent battle tunes too, but I can't remember any particular one atm.

That's all I can remember right now :)
 
lol, I must be the only one thinking outside the box, thinking of Mario in a FF forum. :D

Anyway, one I can think of at the moment, because I just beat it again, is Paper Mario:The Thousand Year Door. Liked the battle music for it....for some strange reason.
 
SH:From The New World had some awesome battle music. O.o Even if it got boring fast, until you got up to a new level.
 
"The Rocking Grounds", it even has a cool name.

Just for you ShadowHeart, I'll post the names of the SO3 battle themes. :p

"The Cutting Edge of Notion" - normal battle theme. Never gets old, to me, although Sakuraba could cool it on the organ. (First flute/vocals, now organ-eccentric...oh well.)

"Malicious Fingers" - boss theme. Plays when you fight the random monster with no real reason to be there other than that it's the end of the dungeon and there must be some sort of boss. Gets kinda old, to me.

"Frightened Eyes" - boss theme. Plays when you fight alot of bosses on Elicoor, Shelby, Vox, among others. Also slightly repetitive.

"The Divine Spirit of Language" - Crossell's theme, Albel's theme. (The rockin' tune. Also plays if you fight Albel in the Urssa Cave Temple, I believe.)

"Influence of Truth Appearance" plays when you fight the Proclaimer in Moonbase, and the Executioner sequence.

"Powerbroker" plays when you fight the final Executioner, the Incapacitator. (Y'know, the cool dark angel thing with a funny voice. "Thou shalt not be forgiven!" xD) Also plays when you fight that demon boss in the final dungeon. It's the music with the chanting in the background.

"Bitter Dance"- plays when you fight Azazel, Berial, and Beelzebub, among others. (The hip-hoppish tune.)

"Do Evil" - plays when you fight Psuedo Blair and Gabriel Celeste in the Cave of Trials. (A nice tune.)

"Moody Goddess" plays when you fight Lucifer. (The jazzy tune, surprising for a final boss.)

"Highbrow" plays when you fight Lucifer's second form. (It's really long.) Iwadare's version plays when you fight Gabriel Celeste in Radiata Stories' bonus dungeon.

"Beyond the One" plays when you fight the Statue Lord in the Aquatic Gardens of Suferio.

"I am the No. 1!" plays when you fight the Sootie in the Cave of Trials (Hee hee, it's a funny tune.) It can also be considered Roger's theme. (Roger-witten!!)

"Confidence in the Domination" plays when you fight Lenneth Valkyrie in floor 210 of the Sphere Company Building. (She may kill you the first 20 times you fight her. I mean, jeez, I beat her when I ran out of healing items and it was just Albel alive, and he did a major attack out of desperation and then she died. xD Uh...anyway.) Also Valkyrie Profile's boss theme.

"Incarnation of the Devil" plays when you fight Iseria/Ethereal Queen at the top floor of the Sphere Company Building. (She's not as hard as Lenneth, but still a threat.) Also plays in Star Ocean 2 and Valkyrie Profile and Radiata Stories.

"Confidence in the Domination ~ Band Recording" plays when you fight one of the characters you didn't recruit in the Urssa Cave Temple. (It played for Roger, in one of my games.)

"You Know it Fails" plays when you fight another forgotten partner in the Urssa Cave Temple. (It played for Souffle for me, and I think Nel, but I'm not sure.)

"Highbrow ~ Band Recording" plays when you fight Fate in the Urssa Cave Temple. I don't believe it changes with Fate's partner, but I'm not sure. (I always get the alone ending. _L_; )

"The True Nature of All" plays when you fight Freya, the ultimate superboss. (20,000,000+ HP, yikes.) Also the A Ending's final boss music in Valkyrie Profile.

I think that's all...I think.
 
Last edited:
Starting to realize my love towards Super Smash Brothers Melee music. :D
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top