FF1 help thread (for Wezzy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowHeart

Sage
Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2005
Messages
1,730
Age
43
Location
Sweden
RPG Name
ShadowHeart
(continued from the favourite FF game thread)

There is a cave to the west of the elf town where you find the crown, which you should give to the dark elf (he's in a castle north west of the elf town). Then you have to fight him (be careful with him, he can cast death spells and you can't revive mid-battle..), and for that you get a crystal ball I think.. which you should give to the witch that is north west of the town where you got the ship, and she'll give you the herb that will wake up the prince. If I remember correctly.

Oh and about that cave. Be prepared for the worst, stock up on healing items and patience, there are many very annoying enemies there. You might want to level up a lot before venturing in there, and get the silver sword I mentioned first, too.

Also.. there's an extremely good place to level up but it's a lil difficult.. if you're interested I'll tell you more about it :)
 
Alright. If you backtrack to the town where you got the ship (please tell me the name lol, I forgot and it's getting annoying to repeat that thing all the time), there's a path between the mountains to the east and south that eventually winds around north. If you keep going north there you'll eventually come to a peninsula. On the top 2x2 squares of this peninsula, you'll fight very powerful monsters that you are not supposed to fight until much later in the game.

You can fight Giants, ZomBulls, Trolls and packs of Frost Wolves there. They are all very strong, and can probably annihilate you fairly easily if you're not careful. Giants are especially difficult, they have a lot of HP, hit very hard and have no weaknesses. ZomBulls, Trolls and Frost Wolves are all weak to Fire though, so hit them with FIRE2 (and possibly FIRE3 if you have it, but save that for the ZomBulls and Trolls, since the Frost Wolves should go down in one single FIRE2, some may survive with a few HP left, but not much). ZomBulls are also weak to HARM spells (the others are immune to it, it only works on undead), so if you're facing many ZomBulls use HARM2 (and possibly HARM3 if you have it yet) with your White Mage if you have one (Red Mages can't learn HARM spells I think).

SAVE after each battle here. You might want to backtrack once in a while to rest and stock up on items. Battles here are tough unless you have high levels, but it's by far the best EXP and Gil source for a long time ahead.
 
If you fight there for a while (I always do whenever I start a game of FF1), you'll get enough money to buy all the goodies from the elf town, and even the next town.. :)
 
Lol, well I'm not that knowledgeable about all the FF games (especially the SNES ones and FFX), but FF1 and FF7 are my specialties :)
 
You shouldn't have too much trouble except with the Giants (no weaknesses).. maybe Frost Wolves too, they cast ice spells on your whole party and if too many of them go before your Black Mage, you can be pretty much dead.
 
That's why you should save before each fight, so you can load it if something goes wrong. Personally, I hate when someone dies as they get out of synch then with level ups :D So I usually reset even if just one guy died, it's not a big deal really to reload your save IMO :)
 
Are you playing the original NES version, FF Origins or Dawn of Souls?
 
Yeah okay.. well if it was Origins, you could use the famous soft reset.. but I guess resetting on GB Advance isn't as slow as on a PS anyway.
 
Yeah, it's great :) I mean the story is almost non-existing, but for whatever reason I have the time of my life playing it lol.
 
Oh it's probably renamed in the Dawn of Souls version.. in the original version and in Origins it's called Silver Sword (well, it's called Silver with a sword icon next to it), and costs 4000. It may be called Mythril Sword or something else in Dawn of Souls, but it should cost 4000, I don't think they'd be changing the prices..
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top