FF1 help thread (for Wezzy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
*scratches head*

Are you sure you are looking in the weapon shop?

I just looked in a FAQ, and yeah, there is a Silver Sword for sale for 4000 in the original NES version. No idea what they've done in Dawn of Souls, so can't help you :/
 
Well, just get whatever most powerful equipment you can get, if you don't already have it. In the original version and in Origins, Silver Sword was by far the strongest weapon at that point but you wouldn't be able to afford more than 1 if even that unless you fought *a lot* (like at the peninsula).

EDIT: Yeah, I thought level 20 seemed a bit high too, but you can easily get higher than that at the peninsula if I remember correctly. I usually get myself very overleveled there, so I don't have to fight very much purely to level up later on.
 
Last edited:
Hmm, well, then you won't be able to get the most powerful black magic or the most powerful white magic (More specifically Life2, the best cure spells and all the Harm spells). But you can survive without them I guess, all of your characters can hit hard physically instead.

EDIT: Bah, now you've made me want to play FF1 again :D Would be my 5th or 6th time through I think :)
 
Last edited:
No no, the crown should be in an unlocked room in the marsh cave, in a treasure chest guarded by a group of Wizards (well that's what they are called in the NES version and in Origins). You need the crown to get the crystal ball, which you need to get the herb, which you need to get the mystic key.. so requiring the mystic key for the crown wouldn't make sense. I know there are rooms in the marsh cave that can only be opened with the mystic key, but they only have regular treasure in them. Well that's how it is in the NES version and Origins :) You probably just missed the room with the crown.
 
I can't remember exactly, been a while since I playead last, but it's fairly short compared to the latter FF games.

EDIT: You have a ways to go though, you're still in the early part of the game. You need to beat the 4 fiends :)
 
Last edited:
Ok that's good i don't want the fun to end just yet. I've had a brief go on ff2 and i don't think it's as good as ff1 does 2 get better as it goes on?

EDIT: What do i do now? i've woken the prince...
 
Last edited:
Collect ALL the treasure that's now been made available with the mystic key, if you haven't. There are the rooms in the marsh cave, there are some rooms in the first temple (where you fought Garland, the name escapes me lol) and there are some rooms in the elven castle. There should be a key item in one of the rooms in the elven castle.. I think it's TNT. Now, if you sail northwest, there should be a place to get off. From there you walk south west I think until you get to a cave.. that's the dwarf cave. You give the TNT to one of the dwarves and he'll make a passage to the west by blowing some sh*t up, so you can sail west to the next town. That's when your quest to kill the first of the 4 fiends, Lich, starts. The game doesn't exactly give you any hints at what should be done, I think you're just expected to sail around aimlessly and stumble upon the dwarf cave :)

And no, I don't think FF2 is as good as FF1 in any kind of way. Granted, I haven't played FF2 more than the absolute beginning, so I shouldn't be able to judge it fairly, BUT, it has a level-up system that is the worst thing ever in an RPG. If you can live with that, I'm sure the game is bearable, the story doesn't seem too bad at first. I'm sure I'll play through it some day, if only to be able to say that I've beaten it :)
 
I hope you have a lot of cash stocked up, because there's an extremely expensive piece of armor in the next town. It's called Steel Armor I think in the original and Origins and costs around 60,000. They may have changed the price and name altogether in Dawn of Souls though, I wouldn't know :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top