FF4---Story of 9? (Spoilers)

Gunslinger

Freelancer
Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2005
Messages
27
Age
42
Location
England
I'm sure that I'm not the only one who has noticed the similarity between the story of 9 and 4.

The hero is from another planet and the baddies are his brother and father......you go to the other planet and sort them out!!!

While playing IX i noticed loads more.......

Can anyone else think of any???
 
well, i know ff9 was a game that square wanted to be like the classic ffs. (ive noticed the similarities) maybe because ff4 was the first ff for the super famicom/snes....so itd be classic :) also, maybe they loved zeromus!! lol... :D
yeah..zeromus and necron are similar(both are just a big bunch of darkness and hate that wants to wipe everything from existence...) of course...other ff final bosses have wanted to do that too! now that i think about it...i think they all pretty much have..wow! what a long answer. sorry bout that! :)
 
FF4 - Cecil's dad, KluYa, was always a good guy. I honestly think FF1 is closer to FF9 (four crystals as opposed to sixteen, for example, and Garland was in there too) but there are a few similarities. There are similarities between all FFs though...
 
Thats true, i think that ff9 (because the makers wanted it to be more like the classic games) incorporates alot form the old games. (for example: the "battle victory" theme. notice the connection in the tune? this is just one that i noticed among others.)
 
oh, and i absolutely loved them putting Pandaemonium in ff9. that's one of my favorite final dungeons.(its from ff2) and the organ music rocked!! maybe i should start a thread about favorite dungeons..hmm...
 
Also note the similarities of Garland's goals and that of Zemus; both wish to basically terraform a planet in order to ensure the survival/comfort of their own race. In addition, the way the final battle is constructed is very similar to the final battle with Zeromus, in which your current party is healed by all of the other characters.

EDIT: Wow this thread is old :\
 
Thank you so much for adding to this pretty old topic.

At any rate...I guess I'll leave it open if anyone else wishes to share, although the biggest things were already covered.

Although it's obvious for nostalgia that there are so many similar things, there's also:

-Brahne trying to dominate the world, and being manipulated, like Baron.

-Summoners being a lost tribe/race/what-have-you.

-The final battles of course.

-HATE...the villains are very similar, as also was pointed out.

-Crystals, although FFIX had a cop-out crystal...I was waiting for it for the whole entire freaking game, and I get one crystal that hardly does anything. (Well, besides be the stabilizer of all existence, I'll give it that.)

-Main character and antagonist are related and from a different world.
 
Every FF is either going to have crystals that need saving, a group of heroes that defeats the epitome of all evil, a group of heroes that must fight a corrupt empire/electric power company/organised religion only to find out some revelation, or any combination of those three.

Really, I got the idea after twelve games. :p
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top