FF5 - Best of the classics?

Gunslinger

Freelancer
Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2005
Messages
27
Age
42
Location
England
Cant beleive no-one is posting about this game.....what a classic!! Square really found their feet with this one. The job system ruled the story and music were wicked. Was this the introduction of the WEAPON monsters aswell?? Not too sure about that....... :cool:
 
I haven't played this one through yet. I'm ashamed :(

I need to do ASAP when I have time..
 
I love it to, I can't decide which is better though ff5 or 6, they are both great :D
 
True, 6 had loads more characters and a much darker story.
Does anyone know weather this was the weapon monsters debut?
 
It probably was (they weren't in 1, I know for sure, and I don't think they were in any of the earlier ones) but FF7 was the only one that the WEAPONS played a major part in, right? Regardless, 5 is definitely one of my favorites... I haven't beaten it yet, but I'm not even in the second world because I'm horribly underlevelled. Bah.
 
I have played it a little, but I haven't got very far. I will, sometime though. Cause I like the game from what I've seen so far :D
 
It's really hard to be under levelled on this game. Did anyone else find the LUDICROUS amount of AP available in the castle basement........LVL 5 DOOM.......yes.
 
I always got massacred in the basement. Although I'm still on the first world. I'm too afraid to go back.
 
Go get it. One of the best wastes of money... sorry, that's what my parents say about FF games. As if. Honestly, it's a great game. Like I said, I haven't gotten very far because I think I'm underlevelled, but I haven't played it for a while. I think I'll go pick it up again after I get the remaining 11 endings in Chrono Trigger.
 
Graphics??? It's a SNES game. :) I love the game, but I'm really not that far in it. I think it's worth getting and especially since six comes with it in Anthology. And story line wise...i'm not sure because i'm only like six or seven hours into it. But I'd buy it if I was you Shaggy.
 
I tried playing it but never finished. I never got into the job system.
 
Toward the end of the FF5 I always seem to use weapons that hits twice and have a bare character with X-Fight! and with a color of magic.
 
I thought the job system was great actually. I don't think I always picked the best jobs for every situation but I thought it worked quite well. I thought the game in general was pretty fun, even if the story seemed a little... rushed in some places, where some events just happened very randomly. Still, I'd say FF5 is my favourite older FF. I'm one of the few people who didn't really get into FF6 at all to the point where I didn't even feel compelled to complete it. =\
 
i hate to admit it but i a gave up one it. I should return to play, but thats in the mere future. FFI was the best tho
 
I havent played this yet, im tryin to find a copy of FF:anthology.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top