dappa said:
It was a novelty idea which was never repeated again unless you think of crystal chronicles but on the whole I quite liked the weapon system.
I would've liked more weapons though.
You could say that; however, due to all that was going on in between the storyline, and your situation in disc 4, maybe there just wasn't enough room for more types of weapons, if you know what I mean. If there could have been anything else, they should have tried adding armor and accessories, just like in any other Final Fantasy. But, oh wait, that would have ruined the whole idea of Square's little 'experiment', now wouldn't it? @_@
So in the end, you can claim that the whole system had it's faults, but I have coe to conclude that FF8 is special, in the unique, good way; in a way that for all those who HAVE played the game and enjoyed it, can think of it's differences from the other games as a sort of 'break' from the repetitive systems of all the other games. XP
But godammit, we're just talking about the freakin' weapons here, so if you want to say that there should've been more weapons, then I'll take your word for it and say that there should have been more weapons. XD