FFNet's Official Contest Poll

What type of contest do you want?

  • Comedy Contest

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Creativity Contest

    Votes: 7 77.8%

  • Total voters
    9

Hydra

3, 2, 1, Let's Jam
Member
Joined
May 22, 2006
Messages
8,560
Location
Maryland
Website
gamefaqs.com
Occupation
Student
RPG Name
HeavensCloudX
So, as you know, we're having a public event. But I'm struck between two options:

Comedy Contest- Okay, so this is how the comedy contest goes. I make a topic to register all the contestants. After all the contestant's register, I'll distribute challengers randomly. (In other words, I'll get one of my hats, write all your usernames in there, and pick two at a time for matchups. ;])

So, how're we playing this? Using pictures. Dry humor like jokes wouldn't be too efficient. ;] We'll scatter around the interwebs, finding the funniest pictures possible. [Say it's Kat vs Doctor. They choose a minimum of three pictures, and choose the best one between the three.] Then they'll post that as their entry. =D I was thinking the higher up the ranks you go, the more pictures are required, but I'll decide that once voting's over, should this get picked. Any questions or suggestions before we make any of these topics are fine. Just PM me. ^^

And now, the other idea:

Creativity Contest - Well, I like to write. A lot, actually. I have a fanfiction I'm currently writing, and it's going good. :D But enough about me. This contest is about creativity, of course. Artistical skills, poetry skills, whatever unique thing about you that you can do. And this is how we'll do this one.

We'll put them into divisions. Seperate the artists from the poets, and such. Once you're ranked one in the divisions, I haven't really thought much about, so if anyone could help, it'd be greatly appreciated. ^_^ It's basically the same as the Comedy contest in picking who goes against who and such. You'll just be divided into divisions, so no one gets voted upon unfairly. (A drawing may be better than words in someone's opinion, and vice versa) Like I said, I'm not sure what to do after they all rank as champions in their divisions, so help would be greatful.

Again, questions and suggestions can be PM'ed to me, and are appreciated.

So, without further ado, let's vote!
 
Last edited:
So basically the options are between something that takes no more effort then being able to run a search on macrochan and something that actually requires a certain degree of artistic ability. I don't really plan on entering but I'm voting for the second on principle.
 
Whew, people are agreeing with me...XD

Oh well, I suppose I would just have to deal with it either way.

And Hydra...

Let's say we ended up doing the creativity contest. The artists and the poets were separated into their divisons, and all that...and once there were champions in each sort of division, you could decide a winner in this way;

Artists: A subject is chosen for each artist to draw, and as long as it isn't TOO specific, they can draw it however they like. But whoever can portray the subject in the most impressionable manner would win the vote...if the drawing/painting/sculpture etc. leaves a good imprint on people, then it would be most likely to win.

Poets/Writers: This is difficult to decide upon, as in, writing a poem isn't often interpreted the same way as a story is...but the same thing, technically, COULD be done as the artist idea. A subject is picked for the writer or poet to write about, and, whoever leaves the most outstanding impression on his/her work, would get the majority vote and be the winner.

I hope these ideas suffice as suggestions.
 
Last edited:
I'd trust my artistic sense any day before my humour, creativity won my vote.
 
ThroneofDravaris said:
So basically the options are between something that takes no more effort then being able to run a search on macrochan and something that actually requires a certain degree of artistic ability. I don't really plan on entering but I'm voting for the second on principle.
There wasn't really anything (or anyone, for that matter) helping me decide on any better ideas, besides Reason, who suggested the Creativity idea. I was hoping we could do something spectacular, but as you can see, that's not the case yet. <3

I'm voting for the Creativity Contest btw.

Oh, and thanks Doctor. That's a good idea.
 
Doctor said:
Whew, people are agreeing with me...XD

Oh well, I suppose I would just have to deal with it either way.

And Hydra...

Let's say we ended up doing the creativity contest. The artists and the poets were separated into their divisons, and all that...and once there were champions in each sort of division, you could decide a winner in this way;

Artists: A subject is chosen for each artist to draw, and as long as it isn't TOO specific, they can draw it however they like. But whoever can portray the subject in the most impressionable manner would win the vote...if the drawing/painting/sculpture etc. leaves a good imprint on people, then it would be most likely to win.

Poets/Writers: This is difficult to decide upon, as in, writing a poem isn't often interpreted the same way as a story is...but the same thing, technically, COULD be done as the artist idea. A subject is picked for the writer or poet to write about, and, whoever leaves the most outstanding impression on his/her work, would get the majority vote and be the winner.

I hope these ideas suffice as suggestions.
I agree.
 
Are we going to have separate categories for art and writing or will it all be judged together?
 
Hm...you make a good point. Should everything really be judged all together? I mean, writing and drawing are BOTH forms of art, so technically they should both count as one category...or maybe not?
 
Maybe we should vote between the two?
 
Gosh. XD

I was thinking of seperating the two due to biased votes in the first place. People might favor drawings over poetry, and vice versa.

But the problem with that is, once people reach the top in the Poetry and Drawing division, what then? Eventually, it'll boil down to a drawing versus a poem.

So, I'm reconsidering seperating them. I'm not too sure, actually, lol.
 
Well it was your idea so we will agree with whatever you decide!
 
Hydra said:
Gosh. XD

I was thinking of seperating the two due to biased votes in the first place. People might favor drawings over poetry, and vice versa.

But the problem with that is, once people reach the top in the Poetry and Drawing division, what then? Eventually, it'll boil down to a drawing versus a poem.

So, I'm reconsidering seperating them. I'm not too sure, actually, lol.

It WOULDN'T be fair to have to choose between a poem and a drawing...certainly, I believe, MOST people would favor a drawing rather than a poem, because drawings are instant-visuals--one can take up all of the details of the drawing at once to get a good understanding of it. Poetry, however, can take some time to soak up, because one would have to visualize in their minds, by themselves, what the words are trying to convey to them. Poetry has a disadvantage because of this, as some people don't like to take that much time trying to understand a poem.

So...I'm really agreeing with Hydra, here. The two categories should be separated, for it to really be a fair fight between the "creators" (the artists.)
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top