FFVII's chest glich

DarkCloud

Chocobo Rider
Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2005
Messages
52
Age
38
Location
Australia
Website
www.geocities.com
Occupation
Retail
As the Australian version of Final Fantasy VII is pretty much the euro version, i'd like to ask anyone from America about this glich as ive found a rumour on a site ages ago. in the caves of Nibelhiem (i think) just before you fight the 'Materia Keeper' (big scorpion thing) one of the chests here, apparently, keeps opening and closing, is this true? the reason why i'm asking this is because it doesnt do that in the euro version and quite basically...i find it slightly humourous..dont know why. Thanks. :confused:
 
Never even heard of this heh. I've opened all chests (that I know of) there without any problem :)
 
Maybe one day I'll try it and tell you. Maybe...
 
I tried it...it worked...it kept giving me 10 gil...then like the fifth time it froze lol..
 
I know theres a way to get an infinite amount of Elixers from a chest on Gaea Cliffs, never heard of this glitch though.
 
Yggdrasill said:
I know theres a way to get an infinite amount of Elixers from a chest on Gaea Cliffs, never heard of this glitch though.

I've never heard of either glitch, but the one with the chest that keeps opening and closing sounds funny. XDDD I ought to try it out.
 
Basically, there's a chest in the Gaea cliffs (where you versus the Icicles and knock them down afterwards) which lets you move around while the text "You received an Elixir!" is showing, exit the room without cancelling that text and re-enter, the chest will still be closed like you never opened it but you have an Elixir in your inventory! Repeat to get as many Elixirs as you need.
This might have been fixed in the newer copies of FFVII though.
 
Zeromus_X said:
Just use W-Item like everyone else. ;)

W-item owns.

And this 'chest glitch' is pretty much just a rumor i believe, iv'e never seen it in the game or even heard of it for that matter. o.O
 
well, judging from wat dark cloud sed, it doesnt work in the PAL version (australia), but i think its still an interesting glitche!!!
and im gonna have to try the elixer 1...if it works on the PAL version
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top