FFX was better! Anyone agree?

XD

Try taking on Angra Mainyu with two Berserkers and a Lady Luck. =O
 
Griever said:
Try it using nothing but the warrior dressphere and see how long it takes you to get pissed off.

XD

Yeah I have tried that before and it did piss me off, lol I wont be trying that again.

I tried defeating trema by having two warriors constantly using sentinel and the third one attacking. In theory the strategy should work but tremas speed used to do me before I could always select the sentinel command.
 
Kat said:
i still never made it past Yunalesca's fiend,lmao

i gave up :rolleyes:
Dang. XD

I almost gave up on Trema. Then I got a Gunner and two Dark Knights, instead of a Gunner, A Dark Knight, and a White Mage.

=D
 
This game was extremely hard.
I gave up whenever you had to look into that sphere to get completion
it got too hard

but this game was too complicated
I didnt like the idea of all the dresspheres
and i like completing everything so i tried to get 100percent on each dressphere

tooooo hard .
 
I played through both games a few times, and it's really a toss-up for which I prefer more. FFX is more tolerable -- it's got half-decent characters, but a bland/linear story peppered with way more interesting sidequests; FFX-2 on the other hand has a nuanced battle/job system, but the fractured mission-based plot and overally "giggly" tone of everything makes it seem like a Charlie's Angels knockoff. FFX has got the most run-throughs, so I guess that's the poison I've picked the most.
 
Shotgunnova said:
I played through both games a few times, and it's really a toss-up for which I prefer more. FFX is more tolerable -- it's got half-decent characters, but a bland/linear story peppered with way more interesting sidequests; FFX-2 on the other hand has a nuanced battle/job system, but the fractured mission-based plot and overally "giggly" tone of everything makes it seem like a Charlie's Angels knockoff. FFX has got the most run-throughs, so I guess that's the poison I've picked the most.

;hai


...again I couldn't have... oh! NM! XD
 
Shotgunnova said:
I played through both games a few times, and it's really a toss-up for which I prefer more. FFX is more tolerable -- it's got half-decent characters, but a bland/linear story peppered with way more interesting sidequests; FFX-2 on the other hand has a nuanced battle/job system, but the fractured mission-based plot and overally "giggly" tone of everything makes it seem like a Charlie's Angels knockoff. FFX has got the most run-throughs, so I guess that's the poison I've picked the most.

That's because the game is nothing but mini-games with an RPG battle system throw into the mix.
 
That's half of it. Making things optional and mission-based really gives those 'events' a mini-game feel, which only adds to the often comical tone of everything. The only bone I have to pick with the battle system is that some abilities get too samey -- I'm a status effect junkie, but the overlap in some cases detracted from the job-system experience.
 
I think that ffx-2 is beautifully presented though. Its a shame they dropped alot of the features of the original game e.g customizing armour.

I liked the fact that characters sorta move position in battle too givin the battle a little more realism.

But this game will never beat final fantasy 10
 
X-2 and XII are the worst FF games ever made!! at least thats my oppinion in the 1's that ive played
 
XII is my fave one :p either xii, or 9. Don't think 10-2 is that good, bit I like it more than X
 
Yes. 10 was most definitely better. this one is visually impressive. tho. Don't really like the whole changing jobs in the middle of battle. can't hardly stay focused . lol
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top