FFXII comes out on Halloween...

Max the Man

Dragoon
Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2005
Messages
370
Age
34
Location
in front of my computer
Website
www.maxtheman.proboards54.com
Occupation
Student
RPG Name
Maximilian
And it's already got a sequel planned out for it on the DS.

(the following contains some spoilers... and credit goes to Final Fantasy: Worlds Apart, another fine FF Message board)

Yun of FFWA said:
In the latest issue of the Japanese magazine, V-jump, Square-Enix announced that it had four new RPGs it was ready to show at the Tokyo Game Show, one of which is entitled FFXII: Revenant Wings for the Nintendo DS. The company originally trademarked the name “Revenant Wings” back in August, which led to much speculation among fans. Only today has the company confirmed that this name is the title for the direct sequel to Final Fantasy XII. The sequel will follow the adventures of Vaan and his girlfriend, Penelo, after the events of Final Fantasy XII

The other three games announced Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix, Heroes of Mana, and It’s a Wonderful World. More details about this new sequel and the other games will be revealed at the Tokyo Game Show on September, 22.

So, what do you think?

Link to original article...
 
Heh, there goes my Halloween plans. Looking forward to both, since I haven't found a good DS game to play in a while. I'll let Okami occupy my time, until XII. Gamefaqs has a word on XIII already, as well as FFXII information.

Either way, I'm looking forward to Square coming through. Hopefully.
 
A little off topic, but I'm really hoping for KH2:FM to come to America. The Japanese didn't get the short end of the stick with KH2 this time, so there's a little chance we might get it. They're also considering porting Chain of Memories to the PS2.

Now, it's time to start saving some money. :)
 
I'm waitin For FFIII to come out on DS too :D and i'm playing tactics now for FFXII
 
Really?

Went to Gamestop last week to pick up Okami, and I didn't see it. Might've overlooked it though.
 
The release date was moved back to early November.

Yeah, I love how they want to make another FM game even though Nomura explicitly stated that he had no plans of making one since the NA and PAL versions had the same features as the JP version. Go Nomura.
 
I'm still talkin my friend into buyin a ps2 just for FFXII.
 
To Hydra,

"In the recent Tokyo Game Show it was confirmed that Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+ is in the making. Final Mix+ will have an updated version of Kingdom Hearts II, just like the original Final Mix, but it will also include a bonus disc with a PlayStation 2 remake of Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts re:Chain of Memories, completely in 3D and with new voice acting."

Quote from Wikipedia.com. It goes on to say that it will have English voice acting, so I assume it will be in NA as well as Japan.
 
1: Thanks for the information. ^_^ But English/Japanese voice acting was in the first one(it was switchable, or at least I think so. :O)

2: You can press the "Edit" button near the end of your post to edit the post to ask any more questions. :)

3: You need a signature making program(Photoshop) to MAKE one. Or just ask someone. :)

To put a picture in your signature, find a link to a picture. The picture link! IE, .jpg, .gif, .jpeg. Then press the Image button(Under color, the first one)

This could come up:



Put the image between it.

Example:

[IMG](IMAGE LINK)

That should work. Just make sure it's the correct size.

Sig size limit
 
Thanks for the info guys! On to making my own sigs!! :D
Also, I have never played the Final Mix before, so I had no idea about the english voice acting...but now i do.. :D
 
I should have it by the month ends. Unless Janice needs some money. Which is doubtful. ^_^
 
Can you believe what this game looks like compared to previous FF even on PS2? FF10 was revolutionary, and FF12 looks far superior even to that. Can you imagine what FF games are going to look like 2 and 3 years down the road in FF14 and 15 on the ps3? wow
 
I don't think I'll like it... My favourite FFs are the pre-VII.

(ok... my all-time favourite is XI, but...)
 
FantasyFanatic said:
Can you believe what this game looks like compared to previous FF even on PS2? FF10 was revolutionary, and FF12 looks far superior even to that. Can you imagine what FF games are going to look like 2 and 3 years down the road in FF14 and 15 on the ps3? wow
You said it. I think I just creamed in my pants a little bit.

Edit: So who's gonna play for 30-40 hours nonstop to beat it when they first get it?
 
Last edited:
EGM Scores:

8.5, 9.5, 9.0 *nodnod* those are pretty good. It was game of the month for the month of october... and... the few problems they had were the vagueness of the Liscense Board and the effect that it had on the battle system. I can't wait though.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top