FFXII power-leveling guide!

Judge Magister said:
F.Y.I. I hate to beat a dead horse, but for the record, you do not have to soft-reset if you accidentaly let the XP/LP stats appear while farming Dustias. Just exit two screens and come back; he(?) will re-spawn. Just don't touch any save crystals. Awesome guide, btw. I smashed the Mimic Queen with one hit....ooooh, the power!

No, you have to soft reset (I just checked by going two, and then, three screens away and he didn't reappear.)

...myth busted.

It may be different in other versions of the game though (and you ARE in Iraq.) I dunno.
 
wow, thank you for your guide. I'm using it right now. I'm Level 26 right now and have a Flame Staff and I'm going to try and get a Kotetsu Blade :D.
 
Thats funny cos I actually just bet those demon walls. Maybe cos everyone is LV 43-45. Plus I have Vossler at LV 49 as well.

At tip for mist chaining. Here is a picture

NA = Not in battle
A = In battle

NA . A
. Vaan [Full Mist]
Balthier .
Fran .
Basch .
Ashe .
Penelo .

Have Vaan use his quickening.

NA . A
. Vaan [Empty Mist]
. Balthier [Full Mist]
Fran .
Basch .
Ashe .
Penelo .

Switch Balthier out and have him use quickening.

NA . A
. Vaan [Empty Mist]
. Balthier [Empty Mist]
. Fran [Full Mist]
Basch .
Ashe .
Penelo .

Switch Fran out and have her use her quickening.

NA . A
Vaan .
. Balthier [Empty Mist]
. Fran [Empty Mist]
. Basch [Full Mist]
Ashe .
Penelo .

Switch Vaan out and bring Basch in. Use Basch's quickening.

NA . A
Vaan .
Balthier .
. Fran [Empty Mist]
. Basch [Empty Mist]
. Ashe [Full Mist]
Penelo .

Switch Balthier out and bring Ashe in. Use Ashe's quickening.

NA . A
Vaan .
Balthier .
Fran .
. Basch [Empty Mist]
. Ashe [Empty Mist]
. Penelo [Full Mist]

Switch Fran back in and Penelo out. Use Penelo's quickening.

It doesn't have to be in that order. Why you could have Penelo out first, then Basch out and then Fran out.

The point is that one person should only have a full mist guage at any time. It uses quickening system to its fullest.
Compared to using 3 full mist guages at once, this way is better if you manage to get a mist charge on someone whos mist guage is empty. And you should be able to.
 
Last edited:
If your still stuck on the Demon Walls. Use your Quickenings. Attacking and using Magic didn't do a thing for me. Luckily you only have to fight one of them and not both.
 
There are multiple entrances but the easiest one is in the Westersand. Its in the south but I can't remember the name of the area. I think that area can take you to Giza Plains aswell.
 
Well Barhiem passage is blocked off from where you beat the Mimic Queen so you can't go in there anymore. But it opens up later I thinkl. But thats in the Estersand. The Zertinarian Caverns are in the Westersand and several other places but not the Estersand.

And the entrance to the caverns is just a big cave so you should find it easy.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top