Figitng Malboro

benoit

Onion Knight
Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2006
Messages
1
Hi man, I would like to know that if anyone have any tips on fighting malboro, because to me, he is the hardest monster to fight :p
 
Get status-jx4 on Squall and junction 100 pain, confuse, break, and 100 sleep.(100 on all junctions or it won't work!!!!!!!) Squall will be on berserk and take up more damage.(also try to junction 100 drains to Squall status attack for healing purposes.)
 
believe me, that monster gave me more than my fair share of frustration. (especially trying to make the solomon's ring for doom train.)

if youre too afraid to fight it, (which is perfectly understandable), equip "initiative" and "mug" to a character, and just try and steal the tentacles. if you fail, run away, and try again. (you can run away when statused.)

at least, thats all i saw the point of fighting marlboros. or try junctioning all of those spells. (but good luck getting them all...)
 
I spent my time drawing Pains from that big wasp thing in Balamb 2nd disc with 100 to Squall, Zell, and Irvine
 
I would prefer to junction Pain,DEATH,confuse,& probably berserk.....
then again Initiative & high Luck Junction would help more than you think in Battle...
I for myself add treatment so I don't loose control of the fight...
Finaly, there is always the desperate Mad Rush
 
I hate them malboros. If you go to grandidi forest early in the game which I tend to do for power levelling you dont have all those status juncions *4. So it was kinda frustrating and time consuming fighting them especially if the computer decides to throw severall of them in a row.
 
But dont ribbon protect from all statuses.

If thats the case you wouldn't need status junctions.

I suppose there may be different things in different area region versions
 
Ribbon is an item and ability, but it's not learned by GF Bahamut, and it's not an armor either...
 
Squall Lionheart said:
Ribbon is an item and ability, but it's not learned by GF Bahamut, and it's not an armor either...

I thought I knew almost everything there is to know about this game. Turned out I dont.

You have intrigued me, can you tell me some more info about this ribbon. how do I get this item and ability?
 
I think the majority of final fantasy fans outside far east asia will not have a pocket station. The instructions of the game say in chocobo world there are items you cant get in the normal ff8 game

You need a pocket station to play chocobo world, they are hard to come by these days.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top