Final Fantasy 9 is quite underrated

alfaitha

Chocobo Rider
Member
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
104
Age
40
Why is everyone always so hard on FF9. I think that it's a damn good game.
 
I agree, most people dont like it, but i think its damn good.
 
I'd want to say its a good game, but it dragged. It was a disappoointment
 
I think it was a good game, on of the best FF's imo but this is the FF8 forum not the FF9 forum.
 
Yeah, this should have been posted on the FF9 forums.. but yeah, FFIX is a great game IMO.
 
Okay

FF9 is not a bad game. It is a different game. When people fear differences, they tend to not give the subject a chance. I like it as my second favorite. :)
 
Why is it this thread is about FF9 but it seems most people mention 8 in it, it's not about which is best but that its underratted. :/
Plus the mist is a lot more realistic and less stupid than lets say...flying buildings. It's a fantasy game it's aim should not be realisum really though.
 
i would say that FF9 was my second favourite outta all em... i loved the storyline and the characters personalities... i would give it a 10/10 but the trance thing was a good ide but didn't like it too much seeings u couldn't choose when u wanted to use it... the only downfall for me but still 10/10
 
About that... a friend told me that the GFs appear only the first time they are used then they are skipped...
 
I haven't played FF9 but it's what i picked to get next and from what i hear, it is damn good! :D
 
whatever brought that to FF8 in the first place.....
 
Squall Lionheart said:
About that... a friend told me that the GFs appear only the first time they are used then they are skipped...
Actually, the summons have 2 version each. A short and a long (normal) version. The first time you use a summon, you see the long version, after that you see the short version all the time. However, there is a setting in the config menu where you can make the game show the long version every time if you want :)
 
Hey SH, are you sure you're not thinking of FFX? I thought you had to have the 'Boost' ability from Pumice Piece to show the whole summon animation. (And have the summons do more damage.) Unless it's been there this whole time and I never ever noticed :p
 
What is this doing in FF8...it doesn't belong here......
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top