Final Fantasy 9 is quite underrated

Hm maybe you're right Zeromus_X. Maybe I'm mixing the games up. But I know FFIX has a long and a short version of each summon too. First time you summon it's the normal long, then it's the short version after that. And the only way after that to force the game to show the long version is by equipping Boost?
 
Well, it'll randomly show the full animation after that. (It'll also be more powerful.) And Garnet's Trance, 'Eidolon' will show it I believe. The Boost Ability will make it so it'll always show it though. :)(And of course, "Boost" the power of the summon xD)
 
Yeah, it all comes back to me now lol. I haven't played through FFIX for a very long time. I started a game a while ago but stopped after I think ~50 attempts at stealing everything from the first Beatrix encounter :p I'll have to pick that up again sometime!
 
Yes, that is a real pain shadow. Not sure how many times i took a break from the game cause of that, real fun game though.
 
Going off the subject of summoning :) I thought FFIX was damn good! I enjoyed every second of it.. And whats all this nonscence of it 'not bein realistic' and 'FFVIII is more realistic so its better'? The games ain't supposed to be realistic.. thats why they are fantasy games :P
 
FF9 would have to be neck and neck to me with FF7, i may be a little brash about putting it so high up, but it had a great story, the best character development since ff6, and while "melodies of life" got really redundant, it is my favorite ff soundtrack! I love how they brought back the old scenerios, and super-defromed characters. It was Nastalgic for those who have played the earlier final .
 
It hasn't been that long since i've played FF9 and yes, after you summon the first time, you don't see the whole summon anymore. I noticed it when summoning Carbuncle. It used to show the phoenix, and all of a sudden it would just be it swooping by another times i summoned it. It also has an option to show long or short summons in the options screen where you can change the menu color and etc.
 
Tydo said:
i would say that FF9 was my second favourite outta all em... i loved the storyline and the characters personalities...

I second that.
 
FF9 was a great game.. though i liked all Final fantasies and a lot of people said it wasn't that great but i think it was underrated.
 
FF9 is a good game, and i haven't heard anyone say they hate it, or that it was the worse FF ever. i hear more people hate FF8 then FF9 (i'm saying in general, not on this forum)
 
I once lent my copy to a friend and he played it for a while then returned it saying he didn't like it reason being that he didn't like the way the people looked and the kings and queens medieval theme.

I have met a few others who dont like this game for the same reasons but its their loss.

I think the game is wicked but my only gripe is the limit breaks.
 
I find FF9 the best one of all. I love the story line and the graphics, there differnt from the other FF. Its a great game and will always be my favorite.
 
Personally I love FF9, the only small complaint I had about the game is that the characters/enviornments looked a little too cartoony. I know that is what they intended but I think it would have been slightly more enjoyable, at least from my point of view, if it looked slightly more reality based.

My favorite character is Vivi by far!
 
I actually really like IX but I am fed up with the fanboys surrounding VII.
 
I actually think the main reason why this game would be seen as underrated, is that there are or were still a lot of FF fans who just didn't find the mix of fairy tale / animé-styled characters very appealing!

Which, I find quite charming, really. :) =/ But I can truly guess it can turn down for quite a lot of gamers..
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top