Final Fantasy 9 is quite underrated

I'll be honest: FF9 was actually the first Final Fantasy I ever played.

Yes...FF9 started my love for the series. It's not my absolute FAVORITE, but it's up there next to all of my other favorite games...

The storyline is what really enthralled me most. It made me think: "If this game is so great, then all of the others must be great too!"

So I'm glad I got to play it. ^_^
 
I didn't like it that much... I played it, I reached the 4th CD, then I stopped playing because it was a bit boring... Maybe I didn't have much time to play it back then, and I had to give it back to my friend who I borrowed the game from...
 
Well, yeah, when I look at it too: gameplay- and story-wise, the fourth disc is the shortest, and the least fulfilling. =o Quite odd, since it'd be the climax of the whole.
 
dappa said:
I like it cause its final fantasy and thats that.

o_O


Suppose there would be a new Duck Hunt-like game, but it comes under the title and label of "Final Fantasy",

you would like it, just 'cause it's Final Fantasy? :p
 
FF9..........it was the beginning of the end......it all went pear shaped from 9 on.....10 was ok.....but easy....10-2 SUCKED and 11.......meh wouldnt no.....hoping 12 has recovered for its previous losses
:p
 
Zeon said:
FF9..........it was the beginning of the end......it all went pear shaped from 9 on.....10 was ok.....but easy....10-2 SUCKED and 11.......meh wouldnt no.....hoping 12 has recovered for its previous losses
:p

This was much better than FFX, FFX was so linear the whole game basically only had 1 path to follow the whole-game.
I've just imported FFXII and it's ok but the battle-system needs a lot of work, it gets boring at times waiting to attack.
 
I liked the game. I've enjoyed all the FF I've played (from FF7 on). I enjoy every different plot, and the fact of playing the role.
I've liked those I've played till now, and FF9 is one of them. :) (My favourite is FF7, but hey, it's a secret! XD )
 
for me, this is tied with FF6 as my FAVOURITE.
i dont like 8 as much since it didnt have much of a....soul i guess.
none of the characters in 8 were unique, just wateva GF was equipped to them. It had good music, but compared to 9 it was second place.
 
Last edited:
I loved Final fantasy 9, i only wished that they wouldn't have made the characters look as cartoony and childish as they did.
 
I think that is a big part of why FFIX is "underrated." I thought FFIX had THE BEST soundtrack ever!!
 
FF9 is teh WinZ....what is the matter with ppl complaining about the storyline :-\
The storyline fit for the style of environment they were trying to give...i have no argument on how the game was laid out :P
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top