final fantasy emulators

Yeah, I need to use them to take images and write walkthroughs for the site I'm working on, I find its easier to have the game running on the PC than on the console when writing...I just wish the PAL verson of FF9 would work on ePSXe.
 
Before Final Fantasy Origins, Final Fantasy Anthology and Final Fantasy VI were re-released for PS1, it was impossible to play any of the old NES and SNES games in the series if you lived in Europe (unless you imported them, of course). Those games were simply never released here until Square made them for PS1 as well in recent years. So yeah, I've played all the old FF games on emulators - simply because I had no other choice if I wanted to play them. One of them I can still only play on emulator, and that's FF3j with a translation patch..
 
I can't remember where I got it from, it was such a long time ago I downloaded it :)
 
lol, you should get a copy that does not need a patch. I think this one won't need one: http://www.ffdownloads.com/downloads/Final Fantasy 3/rom
the only final fantasy I realy want to work on an emulator is the PAL of ff9....other people have got it to work, but I can't get my copy to run.
I already have a working fftactics and ff3 (the only FF's that have not been released where I live).
 
If you don't need a patch for it, then it means it was already patched by someone else :P Not that difficult to do it yourself, but I guess there's no point in making it more difficult for yourself :)

And heavens, why can't you just run it on your PS1/PS2? Is it because you want screenshots and stuff? In that case, you can just try to *cough*downloadtheNTSCversion*cough* and see if that works instead?
 
I know, but I had trouble patching Star Ocean one for some reason *feels lame* so I like pre patched games...
Yeah, I need to play FF9 on an emulator at some point so I can take pictures. I would download it but FF9 is huge, I made a CD image of it and it was very,very big :S
and you see I only have a 56k dial up so erm...downloading it is a no, no for me. I was lucky with FFTactics, my brother got me that. My brother can't finad all the FF9 discs though.
 
I can play Star Ocean 1 without patching it manually :D I have a translation patch that I just put in the same folder as the rom, and Snes9x will translate on the fly without having to modify the actual rom. You just need to make sure the patch and the rom are named exactly the same (besides the file extension).

Oh a dial up.. well then that's not possible, unless you know someone that can download it for you and give it to you on burnt CDs :)
 
I've tried playing FF7 on an emulator before... I remember I liked it more than playing on the PSX even because of the speed-up option that made the boring parts easier to skip. However there was something wrong with the graphics setup on my ePSXe so some of the graphics were a bit dodgy, but I'm not bothered about that. :p
 
I just got my ePSXe working again (my graphics plugin was screwed up) so I've been playing on it again.

HC, according to the help file, you need a patch applied to the disc itself. Ouch.

On another note, in the US version of FFIX, anyone know how to make the battle menu actually appear? It's hard to fight when I'm trying to remember where exactly each ability is. If it helps, I'm using P.E.Op.S. gpu soft plugin v. 1.17.

EDIT: Hey, I just noticed - Happy Birthday HC!
 
It is possible, but it's illegal, so I can't tell you. Sorry, but it's against the forum rules. You'll have to ask somewhere else.
 
Shadowheart, are emulators of FF's illegal in general to download?

- No dumb question except the one that isn't asked right?

I would like to get tactics on emulator but have never used/seen one used before. So,.. Yeah. Any suggestions?
 
The emulators themselvs are NOT illegal. You can use an emulator to play your original PSX CDs and that's perfectly legal. Heck, you can even rip your PSX CDs into CD images on your hard drive and play on an emulator using those and that's legal too.

What's illegal is downloading game CD images. Or ROMs for any cassette based console.
 
Its not illegal to download games if you own a copy of it already and just wanna run it onyou're computer ^^
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top