Final Fantasy Live Action Movies

Judge Magister

Head Judge of Galbadia
Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
33
Age
44
Location
Born in Suwon, South Korea (GO BLUEWINGS!)
RPG Name
Judge Magister
I was checking out IMDB the other day (I freakin' LOVE that website) and I came across some pictures of Camilla Belle. She was in that God-awful movie 'When A Stranger Calls.' She is very, very attractive IMO. I was reading some threads and someone mentioned she looked like Rinoa from FFVIII. After doing some 'research,' I came to the conclusion that she would make an AWESOME Rinoa if they made a live-action FFVIII movie. Okay, enough of the backstory. I know this thread has probably been done already, so forgive me. Just out of curiosity, if you could make a live-action movie of any FF, which one would it be and who would you cast?
 
No no Taebin would be best.

He looks a lot like Tidus and silly like him too.
 
Hmmm.... I don't think Taebin is the best choice based on this collage:




404640399_small.jpg





(Note the pic most-like Tidus' hair in X in the top-right corner.)



Now, this pic of Gackt:



gackt3.jpg




I'd say he's the best-suited for Tidus' role. (Based solely off looks.)
 
Last edited:
OMG!! I love this thread talking about FF and Gackt what more could you ask for...well I could think of a few but we won't talk about that. lol. I am one of those girls that Reason is talking about lol.

Gackt as Tidus...if they only made one...I would watch that over and over and over and over again.
 
Final Fantasy VI...cuz I've thought about directing that movie very much. It would be loosley based on the game and focus on one of the characters in particular...Shadow. I'd change his gender though.

Whoops. Kinda embarrassing-drawing a blank right now as far as casting is concerned...
 
Final Fantasy would definetely gain more popularity overall if a live-action movie was made. And, since everyone's been talking about it, I think that FFX would be a great start to it....although if they were going to make movies, it would make more sense to start in order. BUT, since FF7 has been SO overdone, either FF8 or FFX would be good choices.

I'm not particularly interested in who's going to be who...I'm more concerned with the accuracy in which the story would be portrayed. No sequels or prequels--just the ORIGINAL STORY itself. But that doesn't mean it has to be EXACTLY like the original story. For example, wouldn't it be interesting to view FFX through more than just Tidus's eyes? How about Yuna's? (NOT counting in FFX-2 here.)

An even more interesting viewpoint would be for FF8. Viewpoints could be switched back and forth between Squall and Rinoa, and near the end, everything would just blend in together nicely....

(By the way, I actually think that other guy makes a better-looking Tidus than Gackt. O_o )
 
Last edited:
LOL...there are possibly people who more-closely resemble Tidus than Gackt...but I haven't seen em.

I think that XII would also turn-out to make a good movie. That's basically all it is anyway. CG the whole thing and you'd probably bank at the box office. = 3
 
Thinking about that you are right there john. Ff12 would do ok in the cinema cause its one of those epic stories.

Stories which involves loadsa battles and struggles usually do well at the box office.
 
FF12 has a complicated storyline that's not always easy for just about anyone to really "get" the first play-through. The game was difficult for me to get through and I ended up lagging behind on most of the storyline. By the end of the game I could somewhat asses what happened, but since it took me so long to beat, I almost forgot what was even happening in the first place.

But as a FILM....it would be just like watching all of the cutscenes without having to deal with ridiculously hard to reach places and hard to beat bosses and whatnot. HOWEVER, despite what dappa and reason said, it wouldn't be really a HIT because there was a lack of a love story--FF12 was mainly an adventure/action/warfare epic with a fantastic soundtrack. But there's just that element missing that would make it more interesting as a film.

I still want to see FF8 as a movie, though... :D
 
So, now I DO have some ideas about casting.

Shadow: maybe Jolene Blaylock
Baram: Scarlett Johansen
Celes: maybe Lexa Doig
Kefka: maybe Hudson Leick

Mel Gibson might work out well as Auron in an FFX flick. Or, Matt Mackenzie, if he looks anything like Auron.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top