Final Fantasy VIII Now on NA PSN!

they were useless....some of them u needed the dumbest circumstance to use its limit....like being immoble...and they suck anyway
 
espers.. o.O

license board? >.<

this
is
AAAAAAA-yt O_O#

n how come they never made any pre/sequels to it; it was the best evar!
 
Uh-huh...

Anybody else here beaten VIII? I've only had the pleasure of playing it for five minutes, I had a couple chances too. Once was cause I got grounded directly after firing it up, and the second was cause I had a shoddy disc. >_>
 
I haven't actually beaten it. I couldn't beat 1st battle with Ultimecia because my characters kept getting absorbed into time.

Even if I got past the first battle, I wouldn't have beaten her. You have to battle her 4 times in a row I think (Well its 4 if you count Griever as her), everytime stronger and in a different form.
 
i got to ultimecias castle, so technically no i havnt either...and she gets ALOT harder as it goes on...the last fight is almost impossible...if ur a basic player..
 
The battle system is weird though in VIII. Like your level determines the enemy's levels. And they drop different items and have more attacks when your a higher level, so power-leveling at the start won't really do any good I think.
 
there is no point to power lvl'ing...infact, DONT do it. i DONT want to be lvl 100...omega weapon starts his fight with lvl 5 death...no matter wat u do, its always the first attack
 
That game had a broken system. In every battle you could just get your stats up by attacking yourself, then healing yourself.

Example.

On the NES version, You select Firion to attack with Fire. It's now Maria's turn. You now cancel it so it's Firion's turn to select a command. You keep doing that over and over again, with him selecting Fire, until you get bored so you now finish the battle with normal attacks. It says that you leveled Fire.

That's because every time you chose Fire, it added experience to the spell but didn't take that experience away when you canceled it. They've changed that in future versions. But imagine that. You could level up 16 spells up to LV 16 in 16 battles.
 
Last edited:
They were probably just testing what it would be like if there were no levels since FFI had levels. And I guess it wasn't a success, which is why they put levels back in FFIII.
 
thats proly true. square is always testing something new in every installment.

i still stick by the lvling system though..
 
i thought the fighting was kind of balanced in 8 coz no matter what you can never increase the power gap between you and the monsters past a certain limit (since they lvl up with you n learn better attacks too) and at that limit you can still get beaten unexpectedly at anytime
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top