Final Fantasy X-VII connection

Eru Iluvatar

Chocobo Rider
Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2006
Messages
89
Age
37
Location
Hell
Website
s15.invisionfree.com
Occupation
none
You will probably know it,but I will make just an assertion.
1000 years after the events of FFX-2 Shinra's offspring travel to FFVII's world and start taking advantage of the Mako energy.It is stated in the game [FFX-2] that Shinra could make the energy of the farplane to give power that can be used by humans,but that could take many years to accomplish.

It is official that FFVII is the continuance f FFX's story,See here
and if you don't believe the translation of FFVII Ultimania Omega,go and purchase it,if you know Japanese,and find out yourself.

I am an admirer of this idea,because these two Final Fantasies are my second best,and I am looking forward to what they'll do in the future.

I know many will take this as a ''bad thing'' , but try to keep an open mind,and if you really like F.F. give the people that granted us these masterpieces a chance to express their talent.
 
Apparently Nojima seems to forget that the FFs are not directly connected. :) Either way, he needs to stop doing drugs. And all he really says is that 'Yeah, maybe, some time waaaaay in the future, the descendants of Shinra go to a different planet. Maybe. They just might. It's possible.' :) The one 'official' statement I will ignore.
 
Zeromus_X said:
Apparently Nojima seems to forget that the FFs are not directly connected. :) Either way, he needs to stop doing drugs. And all he really says is that 'Yeah, maybe, some time waaaaay in the future, the descendants of Shinra go to a different planet. Maybe. They just might. It's possible.' :) The one 'official' statement I will ignore.

SECOND'D/10
 
The link leads t a forum that needs a pass.
Also : Final Fantasy 7 is AFTER X? I was thinkin it was the other way around.
 
I keep a pretty open mind...and am a firm lover of the FF series. In the words of Bugenhagen - "'Spirit energy' is a phrase you should not forget."

However...for one to believe that the two games are linked...even by thousands of years is naive. Square pretty much uses "the planet" and "Gaia" pretty losely. You could even say that 'Advent Children' and 'The Spirits Within' are linked,...you know? JMO, but they are unique - just like all square's work. Just a continuation of the name "Final Fantasy."

When some ignorant (not idiot) person asks me "Why do they say Final Fantasy and then come out with 10 games on it?" I just tell them that each tells a different story - not in the same era, but with the same concepts of life, death, love, and brotherhood that makes the games great - keeping the NAME profitable.

Anyone else agree? Disagree?
 
agreed. i don't think any of the games are linked. but you will see repeating elements and themes in all of the games like reason said. like a small thing that i believe all the FF's have is there is a character named Cid somewhere usually being a pilot/engineer. when you have games sharing the same title, you can do things like that
 
I can care less about FF so screw it..*a long sigh* what I'm I saying all hail FF
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top