Final Fantasy XIII

Fawkes Lament

Watermelon fruitcake
Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
645
Age
32
Location
Padded room... Nice jackets, though
Occupation
Student
RPG Name
Red XIV
First, this thread is about the announcement during E3 '08 which I will go into later.

Second, I wasn't totally sure which sub-forum to go to, so feel free to move this.

Ok. In case you haven't figured this out yet, Square announced during their XBox 360 segment that, among The Last Remnant, some new game, and another Star Ocean, Final fantasy XIII will be released simultaneously for the XBox 360 as well as the PS3. I was absolutely shocked, as I'm sure some of the people who weren't paying attention to this E3 are.

I felt this needed to be heard.
 
My understanding is - is that North America will ONLY see the 360 version. The Japanese will have the PS3...or, possibly BOTH versions to choose from.

Is this not correct?


BTW: I'm already trying to locate an Elite to purchase for this game. = 3
 
I'm pretty sure the x-box has lost a few as well. Anyways..think everyone get to pick between x-box or ps3 for FFXIII :)
 
*back on topic*

I can't wait for XIII. That, combined w/the RPG here might serve to help bring more people back. But XIII looks sweet - I like where Square seems to be going w/the battle system too. ^ ^
 
I don't even know if it's been released yet, still i've heard about it since a year or 2.. if it's coming out just now no wonder they hype's died a while ago -.-``

i did see once a demo battle system of it, the successive move is a neat feature, but im still not a big fan of the KH'ish'-Disdia fightin style :-\
 
tnx for teh update ;)

here r my thoughts..

- Don't excpect it to b the most successful one, espcially that it gives less feel of 'fantasy' and more of a Star-(gate, trek whateva something), M not into that >.<
- Battle animation still intresting, but practically not my fave
- ZOMG @ characters, the cute girl @ 0:52 looked pretty nice, n the guy @ 2:50 is TOTALLY a Seifer turnned into a Squall, geez he even almost has the exact same clothes, he could be a cool one :p
 
Square have said in an interview that they want 13 to be popular in ten years time like 7 is now. They obviously looked a little too long and hard at 8 and 7 to see why their still popular becuase there are a lot of similarities between them ><

Even the plot so far is very final fantasy 7..

Even so I think this game will be popular becuase graphically its very nice (all those graphics whores want >_>) and some people will buy any old rubbish Square make, I do think that they will lose a lot of the older fans though on this one.

I think its Seifer's dad or Seifer grown up :p Oh, and his name is Snow by the way and the lead character is called lightning <_>

Cloud
Squall
Snow
Lightning

Whats next? River?
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top