Five day countdown

The PS ports weren't all that spectacular.

The GBA one, on the other hand, looks great. And my DS can play it too. =D
 
I've read FFVI's GBA port is pretty horrible, is that claim true?
If it's on the same level as the FFIV GBA port I'm not all that bothered, FFIV's port was good.
 
You can't really believe what you read until you try it. So, we'll see soon enough either way. =D
 
I'm Importing it on Friday anyway, so I should receive it sometime next week. =D
I can't wait to play FFVI again, it'll bring back some memories.
 
My favourite line: "Ugh, you all sound like pages from a self-help booklet!" had better not have been changed. >_>
That's the only thing I hate about ports/remakes; a lot of text is changed.
 
Now with less violence towards women and more tentacle rape.

Haha, yes, that was a bit amusing.



What about "Welcome to my Barbecue"?

Yes, that's still in there. Most of the lines from the Woolsey translation are there. If it weren't for properly dubbed item and spell names and grammar fixes, you probably wouldn't even be able to tell apart the script from the original.

I trust Kefka's loud, annoying laugh is still there? XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
"Son of a submariner!" is now "Son of a sandworm!"

......Now that line has just gone as far from making sense as possible, "Son of a sandworm" WTH? =P

Of course it is! :) And it sounds just as good as the SNES version.

In the original English script, Kefka called Edgar a son of a submariner as the latter word that starts with a 'b' (I'll leave it up to you to figure out which one it is) wouldn't fly, and Figaro Castle can submerge. Edgar is the king of Figaro Castle. Therefore, he would be a submariner.

Sandworm refers to sandworms in a desert, naturally. Also remember that sandworms busted into Figaro Castle while it was submerged later in the game to let the thieves and their leader 'Gerad' escape.


Anyway, don't let any of the changes stop you from playing the game. It'd be silly to ignore it just because of a relocalization, changed (proper) names are to be expected. The translators were generous enough to even preserve many of the lines from Woolsey's script and his names anyway.
 
i wonder why the europeon releases of games nowadays is always soooo much later in europe?
 
I've finally got it now, Imported it.
The game is brilliant so far, theres quite a bit of lag here and there but it's worked fine so far.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top