Gameing an addiction???

blackstar

Headbanger For Life
Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2006
Messages
1,578
Age
35
Location
TN
Occupation
Metalhead/Lover/student in that order
RPG Name
Marwyn The Blackstar
Yoko's mom the other day heard on the news that the American psychiatric counsel (or whatever its called) has decided that video game playing is an official addiction as serious as alcohol or cigarettes. And that anyone who plays more than an hour a day should seek psychiatric counseling.
What do you guys say about this?
 
I think I read something on Yahoo about this.

It's nonsense. There will always be those select few individuals who lack the common sense to play video games too often, but there's no way that it's an addiction of any kind. As much as I hate making the comparison, there are responsible gamers just as there are responsible drinkers.

And really, over an hour a day is too much? The amount of time a person spends playing videos games is dependent on the amount of free time they having during their day. Many gamers play for well over a hour a day...
 
Thats what I said. However yes I do suppose there are cases where people do go a little over board. Jack Thompson is gonna love this one.
 
i seen this on the news Yesterday!!
i thought it was a buncha bull...
O.o
i mean..cuz even my mother plays video games sometimes!
its no addiction, simply a fun way to pass time when you have nothing else to do..IMO.
Like Zeromus says, "It's nonsense."
 
I don't think it is an addiction. Well to some people it may be, but I'm sure no I'm not addicted to video games. I used to play games non stop and still do if I have time, but it not like I don't have the power to stop.

One game I know I might have an addiction with is The Sims 1 & 2. But, I don't consider myself like that. And I haven't played it in two months even though I just got a new one the otherday.But, i'm just obsessed with designing stuff like sims, not addicted to the game.
 
Last edited:
It may be an addiction. I won't say it could be as serious as drugs or alcohol... but well, that does not imply that all those people playing games are addicts.
 
Game design is what my future is based on. I play a total of 5 hrs a day, so what. And no f***ing doctor is going to make me give up my future.
 
...¬¬"

The fact that you want to design games does not justify that you play 5 hours a day...

And any doctor wanted you to give up making your future... so, chill! XD
 
Of course anyone could be addictied to anything,but siggesting that someone needs pyschiatric help for playing more than an hour a day is ridiculous and making a suggestion as gaming as a mental condition n the standard of alcohol and ciggarettes is also ridiculous!
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top