GB final fantasies

dappa

Sage
Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
1,778
Age
48
Location
Zanarkand Ruins (ok I live in the UK)
Occupation
car sales
RPG Name
Leon
I looked on a russian website and dowloaded some black and white gameboy final fantasies to run on a gameboy emulator.

They are called

final fantasy adventure
final fantasy legend
Final fantasy legend 3

One of them plays like the legend of zelda and the other two play like traditional final fantasies.

Anyone else played these games?
 
Nice, but first time i heard of 'em to be honest
but they're not products of squaresoft right?
 
I have Legend 3 for the Gameboy. ^_^

It's good, considering it's old. I hate the final boss though. He's WAY too easy.
 
There are Final Fantasy Legend, Final Fantasy Legend 2 and Final Fantasy Legend 3 for the old (first) Gameboy. These are not really Final Fantasy games though.. they are actually the first 3 games in the SaGa series. They are called SaGa in Japan, Square just decided to call them FF outside Japan, perhaps because FF was far more well known already? I don't know.

Final Fantasy Adventure is also a game for the old Gameboy, and it's also not really a Final Fantasy game. It's actually the first game in the Mana series. It was called Seiken Densetsu in Japan, and Seiken Densetsu is the Japanese name for the Mana series. The second Seiken Densetsu game was for SNES and was called Secret of Mana in the US, which all of you should have at least heard of ;)
 
Last edited:
ShadowHeart beat me to it. :p

I've played SaGa I and II, but haven't played the first Mana game. Well, I did play the remake they did of it for the Gameboy Advance called 'Sword of Mana' (I believe), which was pretty fun. And of course I've played Secret of Mana.
 
heh, our to FF series experts!
so these are kinda like the real ff 2 and 3 right?
 
I bought Legends 1, 2, and 3 at Microplay for $30 each last winter-ish. (Before the owner retired), I used to deal with them a lot. They let my mom use her credit card over the phone :P

Bargain I tell you - even though I never truly played them...even yet.
 
Ok reading this thread for me has cleared a few things up. But having cloud strife on the title screen on one of those games was weird. Wonder how that all came about?
 
If it's the original version of the game then it can't be Cloud, just someone that happens to look like him. Maybe they reused the character's looks when they made Cloud (that Gameboy game is far older than FF7), or maybe it's just a coincidence that they look similar.?
 
Nah
Wikipedia said:
The game's character designer, Tetsuya Nomura, has revealed that the original parameters of Cloud's character design called for slicked-back, black hair with no spikes. This was to serve as a contrast to the long, flowing silver hair of the game's lead antagonist, Sephiroth. However, to make Cloud stand out more and emphasize his role in the game as the lead protagonist, Nomura altered Cloud's original design to give him spiky, bright blond hair. It would seem that the original black hair was given to Zack instead. However, Nomura used the concept years later for Angeal in Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII. It's mentioned during the game that Cloud's hair resembles a Chocobo head(lolz).

I'd loved it if they had switched the appearances of both Zack n cloud!(well hadn't switched since that was the original way)
to me zack looks well, more protagonist like!
 
dappa said:
I looked on a russian website and dowloaded some black and white gameboy final fantasies to run on a gameboy emulator.

They are called

final fantasy adventure
final fantasy legend
Final fantasy legend 3

One of them plays like the legend of zelda and the other two play like traditional final fantasies.

Anyone else played these games?

weren't they the S.A.G.A series or something. Anyway i've heard their ok but i really must play themselves.
 
They are SaGa and Mana series. I already replied to that.. read the whole thread before replying :p
 
Dang I deleted the rom for the one which had clouds likeness on it. I will try and find it again and take a picture of the title screen.

I deleted it cause it was in jap but the english version dont have cloud on the title screen.
 
Why didn't you just DL the translation?

It's hella easy to configure on some emulators. Then again, on some it isn't.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top