Girls and self defence.

Zerlina said:
Also, there was a survey done at a university a while ago, and they asked a bunch of college men if they would rape a woman if they knew they could get away with it. Something like 40% said they would.

Holy shit. Are you serious?? Never expected it to be that high.. That's sickening :(
 
Human behaviour is just about the synergy and the mix of our own circunstances. You may have 'faith' in the human race Zerosmus... But you'll find muggers, assassins, thiefs, betrayers... and other people which you may consider 'normal', but have done 'bad things' too. I do not have 'faith' at all... You live in a world which is being destroyed by humans... socially and phisically. I think you should act in a cool way, in these situations; I mean, trying to follow your reasoning and not your feelings... But honestly, this is really difficult, as Arkacia said.
 
There's a difference between saying you would do something and doing it.

75% of sixth graders said they would kill someone for 10,000 dollars.
10% would kill someone for 5.

BTW: it's spelt defense ;)
 
Last edited:
I guess that's true, Spiff. But still, even saying you would do it.. that's just wrong :/

And it's "defense" only in American English ;)
 
ShadowHeart said:
And it's "defense" only in American English ;)

I had that suspicion. :) but what better way to find out then to ask (in a round-a-bout way)
 
Usually the american spelling is the more literal one, and the canadian/british spelling is more fancy.


There's a difference between 6th graders and college students.
 
My guess is that the world will never be perfect. WIthout the problems, you don't understand what is wrong, which then means you don't know what' s right. This was brought up in the thread (serious subjects) about the criminal activities in New Orleans after Katrina.
 
The rape poll is very disturbing. The only good thing about it is that 99% of that 40% will never act on that answer and attack a female.

For those that do, its mostly a power thing. Their chance to dominate and abuse an unwilling woman gives them a sick pleasure. Looking into the lives of most rapists, you'll find they were dominated themselves by mothers, sisters, wives or some other woman in their lives. Most of them hate women because of that and their acts are power and payback based. Very sick I know.
 
I think that we should end this. Too many disturbing things and atrocities and details.
 
Don't worry, I'm watching the thread carefully, and am sure Shadowheart is too :).

I'm a member of a couple of forums where this subject would have been closed down right from the first post, but believe its something that needs to be out in the open and not hidden away and only whispered about behind closed doors. Things like this do need to be talked about.

If people go past the line, they will hear about it and if the thread does degenerate, it will be closed, but for now, its ok.
 
Arkacia said:
The rape poll is very disturbing. The only good thing about it is that 99% of that 40% will never act on that answer and attack a female.

For those that do, its mostly a power thing. Their chance to dominate and abuse an unwilling woman gives them a sick pleasure. Looking into the lives of most rapists, you'll find they were dominated themselves by mothers, sisters, wives or some other woman in their lives. Most of them hate women because of that and their acts are power and payback based. Very sick I know.

kinda feel sorry for them...but only a little.
 
I have concern for my safety too. That's why so every often I go out to the gun rage. You have to protect yourself from perverts.
 
Actually, everyone could use it. Not just if you're a girl, but everyone: the seniors, the disabled, etc.
 
Fighting abilities always can be a helpfull factor in life.....
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top