Graphics VS Gameplay

Come on, when you think about how long video games have been around, the gamemakers have really made progress, but it seems they are trading excellent gameplay for cheap graphics. Don't get me wrong the cut scenes are a nice touch, but it was the gameplay and the plot lines that got me interested in a career in gamemaking.
 
I think most people who go on RPG (if not all) will vote gameplay over graphics. Although I get the feeling most people are into FFXIII becuase of the graphics - even before we knew a thing about it and we only had pictures some people I spoke with about it seemed a bit like "zomg diz will be dah best Final Fantasy evar!!!!!!111".

but it seems they are trading excellent gameplay for cheap graphics

I agree :(
 
Most likely.

Anything with flashy graphics and horrible gameplay will get at least a seven on any major gaming book or site(Game Informer, PSM). It's weird. o_0
 
It is weird. I noticed the only games my parents ever show an interest are the best graphicaly, I think there's something a bit hypnotic about good graphics to them and maybe it's the same for others. But really if your a serious gamer I would have thought gameplay would come first :s
 
They think if it looks pretty, it's fun.

A lot of people disagree. XD

I sure do. With some games anyway.
 
I find gameplay alot more important. Some of my mates wont play games unless they are up to date flashy graphics. My friend wont touch final fantasies 1-6 for this same reason.
 
IMO, it depends really there isn't a written rule about it.
For example FF7 had a good gameplay to conceal the worst graphics you'd ever see.
In other games you might find vice-versa. In any way I'd preffer to have a good gameplay rather than good graphics in a game
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top