Guns & school

i personally believe that for a first time offender, 6 months house arrest, and 1 year counceling. mulitipal offences, jail time, up to 10 years in some cases, counceling, and 3 years community services. but that is just me.
 
I don't even wanna nasme it, cause my school has a really bad rep. Everyone knows about my scool.
 
I never heard of it, everyone be saying that my school is bad. That it needs to be close down. WE just got a new principal this year, he said "I heard about you guys, I heard you all rubn this school. But, as long as I'm here I will change this school."
 
If a person at school brought a gun, shot someone, and the person they shot died...Well, I would consider that homicide. It wouldn't matter if the offender was just shooting at random and they didn't mean to do it (or at least they CLAIM to not mean it,) they should not only get expelled, but they should spend many, many years in prison...There is no excuse for taking someone's life.

However, even if the offender did NOT kill anyone, the offender should still get expelled. Someone who has such a problem that they would bring a gun to school and intentionally shoot people does not belong in a school at all.

(Or they could be just a plain psychopath--in any case, if I were the principle of a school, I would not want anyone like that to be in it.)
 
Yeah, I strongly agree with you.
 
Yeah but if someone is accidentally shot, it's not considered Homicide but Manslaughter...so depending on why the person did it (chances are they would pass a teenager with manslaughter, due to undeveloped mindset) it could be counted as Voluntary Manslaughter...

Voluntary manslaughter cases where the defendant may have an intent to cause death or serious injury, but the potential liability for murder is mitigated by the circumstances and state of mind. The most common example is the so-called heat of passion killing, such as where the defendant is provoked into a loss of control by unexpectedly finding a spouse in the arms of a lover or witnessing an attack against his or her child.

There have been two types of voluntary manslaughter recognized in law, although they are so closely related and in many cases indistinguishable that many jurisdictions do not differentiate between them.

Provocation. This is a killing caused by an event or situation which would probably cause a reasonable person to lose self-control and kill.
Heat of Passion. In this situation, the actions of another cause the defendant to act in the heat of the moment and without reflection.

...most people in these situations go in with an intentto kill but according to Psychs they would never do it intentionally because the teenage mind is not fully developed, many plead Insanity to escape the penalties, or they may get away with just psych counciling. Another back-up of the 'manslaughter' case is this...

Most countries allow conditions that "affect the balance of the mind" to be regarded as mitigating circumstances. This means that a person may be found guilty of "manslaughter" on the basis of "diminished responsibility" rather than murder, if it can be proved that the killer was suffering from a condition that affected their judgment at the time. Depression, post-traumatic stress disorder and medication side-effects are examples of conditions that may be taken into account when assessing responsibility.

...Depression is usually what causes kids to bring guns or other weapons to school, things such as teasing or social status cause many cases of this. So a student bringing a gun to school can get no more than (MOST CASES) than coucniling and most likely will not be sent to prison unless they actually come in and point it at someon, threaten them and then blow their brains out (and that's if it is more than one person they do that to). If it is accidentally there is a guarentee of no jail time for minors.
 
Yeah, I know. Depression cause a lot of things.
 
Its a bit extreme to bring a gun to school though and start shooting the place up, even if your depressed.

When people used to bully me I just slashed all their tyres on their bikes and made them walk home all the time. I got caught doing it and ended up getting suspended for a week.

Any form of retribution is wrong though, even slashing tyres.
 
Re: Guns

No one in my school rides they bike to school. my school doesn't even have a bike rack or whatever that thing is called where you place your bike at. what is sad is everyone really care that someone had a gun in the school.
 
Empress I send my sincier thanks that you are ok and apoligies for the trouble youve been through.
I beleive they should be expelled and house arrest or prison for sure.
 
I think this isn't off the topic, their was an assasination attempt at the school right next to mine, I feel sorry for the guy, he was at the edge of his rope, and just let go, I was once suicidal, it can get to you, pressure I mean. He's going to prison for trying to end his life, I feel really sorry for him, that could have been me(scarry). He's in the hospital now, this was about 3 hours ago, dont' worry, I won't get shot, and nobody else was, the poor guy, the bullet grazzed his skull, and knoked him out.
 
Anyone with a gun in school should be expelled from the school and jailed immediately
Has anyone here heard of a documentary called "Highschool Massacre"? It's about two kids who carried guns into school and killed a bunch of students and I *think* one teacher. I'd hate to think what's going through their sick little heads where their at home. The only thing I really hate is that they commited suicide in the end, if someone kills a bunch of people they should face up to the consequences. I don't care how messed up they are.
 
Last edited:
yes she is and ive seen the documentary and despite what many think it was not Mr.Mansons' falt.
 
blackstar said:
yes she is and ive seen the documentary and despite what many think it was not Mr.Mansons' falt.

Nope. The were just a bunch of kids who were messed up in the head. =P
 
EmpressCrystal said:
What should happened to students who bring a gun to school? Today at first period someone just got shot. Last time this other boy brough one but he only got a few day off and a parent meeting. It's really wrong, that someone who cause great danger for me and other to just get away with that easy. He even shot someone too.


I think it's stupid. Methinks severe punishmen and expultion for these retarded idiots. Who agrees?
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top