hardest weapon?

which weapon did you find the hardest?

  • Ultima weapon

    Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Emerald weapon

    Votes: 14 37.8%
  • Ruby weapon

    Votes: 15 40.5%

  • Total voters
    37

Gumdrop

Paladin
Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2004
Messages
697
Age
40
Location
England
RPG Name
Malaya
I vote for Ruby, he annoyed me way more than the others, although most people had more trouble with emerald.
 
Depends.. with a good strategy, they are all easy (Emerald and Ruby that is, Ultima is always a joke ;)). I mean, with KOTR, W-Summon and Mime they both go down rather easily (add in Hades for Ruby to stop him from countering KOTR).. so I thought of what they would be like to beat without KOTR. I've even beaten Emerald without using KOTR.. you can do pretty nice damage to him with Demi and limit breaks, but Ruby is an entirely different story. There you have to go with Bahamut ZERO I guess as the only option.. I've never tried to beat Ruby without KOTR, but now that I think about it, I'm definitely going to try next time I play FF7 :) Anyway.. I voted for Ruby.
 
I vote for Emerald, purely because it takes ages and it can be messed up after 40 minutes of fighting if your not careful.......also i've got a deep fear of underwater creatures and it freaks me out ever so slightly........feel free to luagh at me......
 
I think he means if your a good player you will find all the weapons easy?
 
Let me attempt to decipher it;

I think if you have the right stuff they all fall at the same rate - quick!

...Anyway, as for hardest WEAPON, I'd have to say the one that your team can never beat. The big one that gets blasted in the face by Sister Ray near the beginning of Disc 2. That's the only one that I didn't mash into the ground.
 
That's Diamond WEAPON.. sure you never get to defeat him really, but he never provides a challenge either. He's kinda cool too IMO :D
 
No, not Diamond WEAPON. It's just called WEAPON. It's right after Sephiroth summons Meteor, and before the team finds Cloud in Mideel. It blasts a hole in the gas chamber so Tifa can get out then its head gets blown off at point-blank range. Remember?
 
FFnut, that one wasn't blasted by the Sister Ray.. the canon from Junon wasn't named Sister Ray until it was moved to Midgar! Before then it had a different name, if it had one at all.
 
I'm fairly sure it had the words "Sister Ray" written on the side. And either way, it was still the Sister Ray. Having its name changed as it moves from place to place is like changing the name of the Highwind as you go from area to area. It doesn't make sense to change it arbitrarily.
 
I dunno about any text on it.. however.. after the canon is moved, you see a cut scence in Shinra HQs with Scarlet and Rufus. Scarlet says something along the lines of "this new weapon will be called the Sister Ray", implying that it wasn't called that before.

In either case, 2 WEAPONs are killed by that canon. And if you say "the weapon that was killed by the Sister Ray" and don't specify any further, I'm automatically going assume that you mean Diamond WEAPON, as it was killed by the Sister Ray *after* the scene where Scarlet names it.
 
But I said NEAR THE BEGINNING of Disc 2. Not the end.

Bah, let's just drop it. This is the most unhearty conversation I've ever been in, there's no point in continuing and I don't want to get accused of trolling.
 
I know you were gonna drop this but it seemed clear to me ffnut meant the weapon in Junon, that you dont get to fight at all ^_^''
and I think it does have sister ray written on it when Tifa runs towards the Highwind when the shinra troops are after her.
 
Well if it does.. it doesn't make sense that Scarlet names it that in a later scene. Maybe I've misunderstood Scarlet, or the translators made a poor job :)

And you don't get to defeat Diamond WEAPON either. Sure you fight him, but you don't kill him like you do with Ultima, Emerald and Ruby.
 
maybe,lol
yeah its true you don't get to kill either of them but he did say he was talking about the Junon weapon.
 
I voted for Emerald Weapon, because even with the W-Summon/KOTR/Mime combo, and if you have the Final Attack Materia linked to the Pheonix Summon, Emerald can still drain all of your character's MP, then kill you off, not to mention if you pull off the Final Attack/Pheonix set-up, the whole Mime process has to be started over for KOTR
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top