Harry Potter

Spiff

Kung-Fu Fighter
Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2005
Messages
1,026
Age
43
Location
Detroit
Occupation
Student
RPG Name
Roller
It's been a little slow in here, so does anybody read the Harry Potter series. And also, what did you think about the latest book.
 
I haven't read the latest book but really do want to.

My then 12 year old god-daughter got the first book out of her school library a few years ago for me because I was curious what all the hoo haa was about Harry Potter. It was good and one of these days I will get and read the rest of the series.
 
The books put the movies to shame.

Of course, most books do. :p There's just sooo much more in the books.
 
Well, did you really expect anything else? A movie based on a book can be really good, but you can't really compare movies with books in a fair way..

I haven't read any of the books, but seen all the movies. They're not too bad, getting better as they get more grown up and darker. Not sure I'll ever get around to reading the books though, I have a lot of other things I want to read first and I don't read that much to begin with anymore :)
 
Trust me, it's the best to read the books and it'll take maybe 2 weeks out of your life.
 
2 weeks? I'd take at least 2 weeks *per book*, because I don't read that much each day.. I sit on the computer and/or play games when I'm not at uni :p And, if I'm going to read anything, I'm going to continue on the Wheel of Times series. I'm only on book 14 out of 20 (well, there are 2 Swedish books for each English one for some reason, and they are still pretty thick), and I rather finish that first before I read anything else.. but yeah, I may read them some day :)
 
Spiff said:
The books put the movies to shame.

Of course, most books do. :p There's just sooo much more in the books.
That's true the movies leave out too much, like in the first one they left out the whole 2nd chapter. I am currently reading Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, there is so much surprise in this one, but it's not as long as the 5th one.
 
Lyde Lyde said:
That's true the movies leave out too much, like in the first one they left out the whole 2nd chapter. I am currently reading Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, there is so much surprise in this one, but it's not as long as the 5th one.

It's impossible to include everything from a book in the movie, unless you make the movie 5-6 hours long or something, but then only the die-hard fans would watch it, and that means 0 money for the makers.
 
Three days with breaks, I'd say 8 to 9 hours. :)
 
One day with breaks. About the same as FFnut, take or give an hour. Anyone knows who's RAB? I think I do...but I'm not sure...Also, who still thinks that Snape is good? I do.
 
Harry Potter is a good book series, but no where near as good as the press describes it. I've read all except the newest one, and I don't really want to read it because of how some people go on about how its so dark and stuff happens (I won't give away what), clearly thoose people don't read Stephen King....

The Wheel of Time>Harry Potter....
 
The Wheel of Time = far too many books and not even finished yet! Still great :)
 
well, i like the harry potter series, read all of them so far
 
So how about the fifth? Anyone get any symbolism, big secrets, typos? I remember the one for the fourth, where in most versions, the father came out first, a big mistake, as the people were supposed to come out in reverse order, meaning that the mother was supposed to come out first. Know who RAB is? How 'bout whether Snape is good or not? Any answers? Why was the final Quidditch match cut from the third movie? That was important!
 
I don't like to resurrect (sp?) old threads, but is anyone looking forward to the new book coming out whenever (?) . After reading the book several times I wondering what everone thinks what will happen in the last book?
 
I've read the six books and saw the four movies, and this is my rating:

Books:

1. The Philosopher's Stone: 4,5/5
2. The Chamber of Secrets: 3/5
3. The Prisoner of Azkaban: 4,5/5
4. The Goblet of Fire: 3,5/5
5. The Order of the Phoenix: 4/5
6. The Half-Blood Prince: 5/5

Movies:

1. 4/5
2. 2,5/5
3. 4,5/5
4. 3/5

^_^
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top