Having an advertisement Section?

froggboy604

Black Mage
Member
Joined
May 26, 2008
Messages
189
I think having a advertisement section on this forum would be a good way for attracting more people to register and stay active.

I notice my forum now have more people postering when I made a 5 posts minimum requirement to posts on my advertisement section.

Plus, it is always fun to see other people's website, forum, or blog since they are all so unique.
 
Just for the record...I don't think its a bad idea. Its definitely a great way to network and gain more members/posts, and people don't have to look at the advertisements if they don't want to.

...so I say go for it.
 
Yeah it prevents people from posting on non-advertisement section like General Discussions since people posts in Advertisements.
 
Yeah it prevents people from posting on non-advertisement section like General Discussions since people posts in Advertisements.

Well...it won't 'prevent' them from doing it...but at least it will require more work for the bots to get their...uh, digital voices heard on the forum and post ads/p0rn. That's one of the reasons I like it.

But mostly it would be good for the networking. <3
 
Yeah make it like require 10 post to post in advertising forum. :p
I always thought u guys needed one.

FFF has one along with lots of FF sites....
Plus that way u can pinned the really important FF related sites in that section like FF shine...well for the downloads. :
 
i thought it was against the rules to post other websites in here in general if it wasnt in ur own signature to avoid advertisements >:-(

i dont like the idea n i dont like advertisements. also i dont even see y or how it would bring more ppl in here, especially if u advertize say other forums maybe more active or which has more members and a battle system an all that

we dont have ppl here who post advertisements, not any that i've seen n ive been here for months, bots do anyway n making them a special section wont change their mind about where they should post it :p. IN FACT, making an ad section which requires a certain post amount is actually like showin the bots that the place to post the ads is in the NON-AD section since it doesnt require any post numbers of course!!!!!! 0.0
WTF?:p

SRSLY, m i missin somethin? my primitive brain tells me that advertising this forum in other places could bring more ppl n increase networking n all that (a good example would be the ffnet movie just made!). but HOW would advertising OTHER sites in HERE bring more ppl; thaqt is if it doesnt take our own members??!!

networking is the only positive thing, but even that can happen by the sig rule (including sites u want to advertise in ur sig) already or just make one thread n post in it the sites that he visit! 0.0
 
Last edited:
Well, A site i go to called Community Lounge have an Advertisement section and they are doing great for a newer board (2007-2008) board.

stats

Total Forum Posts: 100,331
Total Members: 3,816

They tell members to have a certain amount of posts to be able to use their advertisemnt services. Plus, I think some people who get to advertise their site on other people site will stay active to return the favour of letting them advertise on the board for free.

Plus, people can reply to other people's website advertisement ads which increases the forums activity level.

Advertisemnet Centre is another popular forum that gets most of their members by letting people advertise on their site and providing Valuable services.

Our members have made a total of 131,648 posts
We have 4,224 registered members

their stats are very good, too.

People like sites that provide useful sections and services that help promote their own websites, and in return some people will stay active on the board if they find the board interesting.

I go to advertisemnt forums to promote my site if I like the atmosphere , the Topics, and find the site to provide good services that help me grow my forum I try to stay active at the board and contribute to their forum.
 
Last edited:
It can become spammy. It also will make users signup and post for just advertising their sites and not contribue to the forum. All they would do is bump thread advertisement thread every chance they got. It's an ok idea, but not one I want to start up right away.
 
It can become spammy. It also will make users signup and post for just advertising their sites and not contribue to the forum. All they would do is bump thread advertisement thread every chance they got. It's an ok idea, but not one I want to start up right away.

Members signing up just to NOT CONTRIBUTE would be a main concern. Otherwise, for the good reasons froggboy604 listed previously, I don't disagree completely with the idea.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top