i (also) just got this game.

Right, but you used a FAQ/Strategy Guide for the game too. I never even touched a FAQ for FFX except when acquiring the ultimate weapons on my second time through, and some minor lookups regarding what blitzball players to get, again on the second time through :)
 
Yay! Now I have Yojimbo! (It only took me two payments? I thought it took more...Even faqs said it'd take alot...whatever.) I still can only get him to do Wakisashi, even with hundreds of thousands of gil. (I reset of course, so I don't waste gil on my "experiments".)

And regarding Strategy Guides, I use them because I hate not knowing what to do, and there really is no (or if any, very vague) reference on all of these side-quests within the game. (Except the lightning and chocobos, of course.) I think I started using it in Bevelle, because that Cloister of Trials was driving me nuts.

I've been slaughtering Mimics in the Omega Ruins to get 100k gil a pop. (For Bribing) so I can get more level 4 key spheres and other things. (Chocobo Feathers and Mega Phoenixes) so I can successfully do the Don Tonberry Trick. (A very useful trick, to say the least.)

As for the other Aeons, I'm a bit pissed because I'm afraid I may not be able to get Anima, I missed the Knight's Lance in Bevelle. I'm wondering why something that's that important wouldn't be able to be obtained again. *Sigh...*

Lighting Dodging is turning out to be pretty simple, I got like 38 bolts in a row last time, I only got struck because I hit it at the wrong time...It's more stressful than difficult.

On the other hand, I absolutely hate the Catcher Chocobo. I got a good score of 19:something for beating the trainer, getting Ultima Weapon. (Never will I say Caladbolg!) , but getting 0:0:00 is still hard for me.

Wakka's I will despise most of all, because I hate Blitzball. I'm terrible at it too. Oh well...

Rikku's I have, it was time-consuming, but simple. I think I got 7 or 8 out of 10 Cactuar's Spheres. (I got a Megalixir.) Hey, at least I can kill all the Cactuars I want : D

Kihmari's involved those Butterflies...I'm not sure if I hate that or not.

And Auron's looks simple...I already enjoy catching monsters anyway :)
 
Okay. Wow. Let me just say this: Don Tonberry rocks. The ability to get over a million and a half AP in a single battle is simply astounding.

Besides making Yuna a demi-god, I got Anima and the Magus Sisters (the sisters are so funny :p). It turns out that you can't miss activating the Destruction Sphere in the Bevelle Cloister of Trials. Good thing, since you can't go back there again.

Thanks to Anima, I can kill "One Eye", and get the three slot Triple AP weapons. Which I then outfit with "Overdrive->AP", and "Triple Overdrive". Then I give Yuna overdrive mode "Comrade". So I'm getting 9 times alot of ap whenever Tidus or Auron get knifed or karmaed:p Then outfit the "sacrificial" characters with Auto-Haste and Auto-Phoenix. (Thank goodness for Gamefaqs and other forums :D)

I gave Anima Haste, Protect, and Curaga, so she can slaughter some of the weaker Arena monsters (One-Eye for instance.) I just love Anima...

That's it for now. I'll continue making my characters walking gods of destruction tomorrow. (I have to go back to school... :p )

Actually, from all the information I gathered on this trick from other faqs and forums, I feel inspired to write my own faq on it...meh.
 
About Strategy Guides, I never ever use them for my first time through a game. I did a long long time ago, and I regret that. It takes away a lot I think. Takes away the challenge, and may even spoil the story for you. It's a lot more fun to find things on your own. I use guides on my second way through, and later.

Kimahri's was the most annoying of the ones I did, by far. That butterfly dodging thing reall was difficult. Wakka's was easy.. I played a lot of blitzball because it was fun and to get all the prizes.. so it sorta came with that.
 
Last edited:
You're alot more disciplined than I am ShadowHeart :p

I tried the Butterflies, and I'm pretty confused. It seems theres two tracks? :confused: Either I don't get to it in time(probably because I try to avoid the red ones) or I actually finish, but the screen flashes white and the butterflies dissappear. I'm guessing the thing ended, whether I won or lost.

I absolutely hate Blitzball, but only because I'm not good at it. Glad you actually enjoy it :D The gameplay(of Blitzball) reminds me of a TCG, what with comparing scores and deciding who to attack, etc. But maybe thats just me.
 
*evil laughter*

In an attempt to get into challenges, I've decided to do a NSG (No Sphere Grid) Challenge! That's right, beat the game without using the Sphere Grid! It isn't exactly the hardest challenge, but I want to do it to get into challenges. Other things I've thought of:

FFI: Single Class challenge
FFII: Solo Firioneil Challenge (I thought this game was tedious enough, so..)
FFIII: Onion Kid challenge? (This is probably impossible)
FFIVA: Solo Gilbert Challenge! :D Otherwise, solo Cecil challenge
FFV: Solo Character challenge, Single Class Challenge
FFVI: Low level game, CES challenge (Celes-Edgar-Setzer)
FFVII: No Materia Challenge
FFVIII: Low level game (Not really a 'challenge', but it'd be really fun.)
FFIX: Level One Ozma Challenge (I think I'll pass this for now.:p)
FFX: Yes

I'm still on the easy part, and I'm at the part where you find Auron and do the first (and thankfully only mandatory) Blitzball game.
 
I never got around to it, unfortunately. xD Possibly after the faq is all done, I'll start it again. I did do a Star Ocean 3 challenge instead earlier, you can read about that in the 'Other Video Games' forum.
 
I'm actually attempting a NSG challenge, though im only at the thunder plains right now, maybe will try to get little farther this weekend. Its hard where im at now. lol
 
Imagine getting passed Yunalesca without Reflect. o_0 You could use items, along with Trio of 9999. But still, Hellbiter would take some out of you.
 
You could always check Darkkefka's videos for strategies.

I know there are Lunar Curtains in FFX. Why not use those? I believe Darkkefka even used them in his NSG Yunalesca video.
 
I should try that sometime, and post a documentary on how it fails. :D
 
Me too for that matter... "...and this is the thirteenth time I died at this fight. Notice how Rikku screams just as the lightning bolt strikes her to her doom...toasty!" :D :p

NSG is just crazy,...I can't begin to think of a No Sphere Grid/Yuna Only (NSGYO) Challenge would be like.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top