i hate wht magic

blue_pheonix

Onion Knight
Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2006
Messages
3
Age
35
:D dudes i think you shuld keep a party like zidane-freya-vivi-amarant(or steiner wen u get ragnrok) and keep it because u dont need extra levels with dem and white magic and eidolons (exept ark) SUCK!!!!
 
White Magic isn't that bad. :( Don't forget Holy! Nothing like nuking something for 9,999 damage...although you could do that easily with anyone else anyway. :/ Of course, I understand what you mean by melee characters being more consistent than mages, as is the case for many a RPG.
 
White magic rocks, and I love using someone who has white magic skills. Besides if you use cure to heal your cast you will have more recovery items to use in a battle.
 
Spec3 said:
Hum... I will only agree with that when I see a video of someone ending the game without using wht mgc

Too true. Let's suppose there's are two battles in Final Fantasy IX, one only with Black Magic, and the other only with White Magic. And as it's the case in FFIX, the major damage dealing which is the black magic > white magic. Besides, healing wouldn't really be a problem in the black magic-only-battle (yes, you could use potions :rolleyes: ).
 
lol, thinking just about healing, and in one case, damage? xD Think of the defensive purposes. It's good to live a lot and hit a little than to live short and hit alot. You won't kill them that way. XD Though, either way, it's pretty useless. :D It's just helpful to have to stay alive.
 
Zeromus_X said:
Here, I'll settle this.

Holy.

:p

Okay, let's make it even then:

The Black Magic-only-party fights against a monster that has protection from Shadow.

The White Magic-only-party fights against a monster that has protection from Holy.

:p:p
 
Yeah I agree, besides what if you ran out of potions during a battle or something. I love white magic, during a fight I would win because I a warrior, besides a black mage would run out of potions and I won't because if I do then I could just heal myself. Sure I would have a hard time fighting someone with white magic but I would just keep at it til I get it.
 
FFII- I think in the original, it was it's own type of spell. In the remakes, it became a white spell. (Don't quote me on that.) And yeah, magic sucks in FFII.

FFVI- Offensive spell. (Spells aren't divided into 'classes' of magic in FFVI, only by what kind of spell they are.)

FFVII- Offensive spell. Get from Corel after the train mission. Very good damage.

FFVIII- Drawable magic. Can be obtained on the two Islands Closest to Heaven/Hell, and I think the two Weapons.

FFIX- Only Kuja uses it, and only after he is defeated. Coward.

FFX- Black Magic. Near the center of the Sphere Grid, in Kimahri's section. Surrounded by four Level 4 Key Spheres. For the love of goodness, please use a Black Magic Sphere on Lulu when Kimahri learns it.

FFX-2: Is it? I know it is, but not the details. I think one Garment Grid allows you to use it.

FFXI- I don't know.

FFXII- I don't know.

FFT- Ramza must be a Squire, and learn it in the battle with the assassins, Celia and Lede. (I think he has to survive the spell, but I don't remember.) The final boss, Ultima, also casts it. (...) I think Alma can learn it. Well, enjoy it for the final battle you have left.

FF
 
Wht magic isnt really needed at all in FFIX in fact i didnt even use potions thru that entire game..if i remember correctly the summon stones in the inventory which u could get a mass amount of...like...Lapis Lazuli heal'd u for 4k life anyway...i never used a Dagger or Eiko
 
richboywonder said:
white magic can be useful at times.without white magic how are you going to heal or use holy.you'll be stuck with potions.
Not true! in the last 20 or so ff games ive played, i have tried to not use cure, cura, or curaga at any point, and i succeeded in FF IX by using blk magic on my own characters(usually firaga) while they were equipped with armor or accesories that absorb fire, and because blk magic is supposed to cause big damage, it heals for alot
 
i don't heal that much for me to use white mages but they can be helpful at times
 
Giraffe said:
Not true! in the last 20 or so ff games ive played, i have tried to not use cure, cura, or curaga at any point, and i succeeded in FF IX by using blk magic on my own characters(usually firaga) while they were equipped with armor or accesories that absorb fire, and because blk magic is supposed to cause big damage, it heals for alot
Having ninja gear on and casting armageddon or w/e vivi's last spell was :-/
 
its Doomsday... and that works too..... but.... I LIKE

FIRE!!!! FIRE FIRE FIRE!!!! BOOM!!!
... and plus everyone uses that Boooooring :rolleyes:
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top