I have disturbing news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeromus_X

Summoner
Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2005
Messages
2,931
Age
98
Location
Core of the Moon (Phoenix, AZ)
RPG Name
Neo Zeromus_X
Don't read this thread if you don't want to be disappointed now or find this information out later.










In Final Fantasy VI Advance, General Leo can be revived, and Emperor Gestahl's spirit can be recruited as a playable character.


This is not a joke. Here are my sources:

http://www.cavesofnarshe.com/forums/ipb/index.php?showtopic=10149

http://www.siliconera.com/infosphere/systems/game-boy-advance/

This is needless to say, pretty mind-blowing and rather sacriligeous on SE's part. The GBA's synth is also ugly as sin, as they apparently didn't care enough to give it the same quality as FFV Advance's music. This makes me feel that regardless of the new additions, Final Fantasy VI's original version is the definitive version, despite it's multitude of bugs and glitches.

At first, I was apprehensive to believe this, but multiple sources have proclaimed this, so it is more than a mere rumor. I thought Advent Children was enough fanservice for one year, but reviving General Leo? Okay, huwhat? Little crazy, there.

Anyway, you can enjoy knowing that Gilgamesh, Leviathan (both of whom were previously reported), and Diablos and Cactuar are also new espers to be obtained in sidequests (all at above link).

So, let's use this thread to give a big WTF to Square-Enix (and share how you feel on these recent developments). :)
 
Yet more proof that Square has put about zero thought into these ports. Why the hell would Gestahl of all people join the party anyway?

Ridiculous.
 
Interesting now you will have 16 or 17 characters to choose from. I wont be buying it mainly due to the fact I own the snes version on emulator and have the psone version too.

I suppose gestahl would want to join your party for revenge on kefka, thats the only reason why I think he would join.
 
Weapons -> Good
Leviathan -> Great. A legendary character, since FF2
Gilgamesh -> More than Excelent. Found in the Coliseum? Even greater.
Diablos -> Excelent. One of my favourite summons
Jumbo Cactuar -> Ok...
Bugs/Glitches -> Doesn't matter, I didn't really use them more than once
Pink Flans -> Nice... I guess.
Quicksave -> Bad
Bestiary -> Good
Gestahl's recruiting -> Bad/I'm Indifferent. Hum... I will use him as often as I use Umaro... Well... And I rarely used summons.
Reviving Leo -> Bad/I'm indifferent. Two words... Forever. Rachel.
Probably an EZ Final Fantasy -> Horrible.
Music -> The. Best. FF. Soundtrack. Ever. Despised? :| No comment.
 
It isn't that I hate the soundtrack, it's one of my favorite in the series. It's just that the GBA can't hope to have anywhere near the same sound quality as the SNES can. Listen to the boss themes and the other themes in the video from the original soundtrack, then listen to them in the video again. You can't deny what a loss in sound quality it has due to being ported to the GBA.

In addition, I hope the game will actually be harder due to fixed bugs. :p
 
New development at CoN! It turns out, that it's more than likely that this is just a very elaborate Leo rumor. I hope that I can get some confirmation one way or the other, but so far, I'm just going to go 'Yes!xD"
 
L. Cully of CoN said:
Here's the deal, guys. Over at the Gamespot forums, they're saying this is already a pretty infamous and fake rumor, made worse by someone there perpetuating it for a couple of days. No one there has gotten either one of them, even though several have beaten the game.

Biggest tell? There are still only 15 character slots. 14 for the playable characters, 1 to aid in party-swapping. No room for two extra.

Believe it or not, I think we've been 1995-ed. The Leo rumors strike again -- but I'm 90% sure they're false. Again. A new game and the concept of possible extras make them more believable, I guess, but yeah. Not true.

http://www.gamespot.com/gba/rpg/finalfanta...5476&pid=930370

xcamel24 of CoN said:
Alright hello everyone.

They've posted this hacked video of the Japanese Final Fantasy VI Advance version.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8eZ0rmCCnI&eurl=



This basically completely nullifies all rumors, as now any screenshot is pretty much worth nothing, and with the 15 character slots there is no possible way Leo or Gesthal could be in.

I feel really relieved, now. xD
 
I wasn't going to post on this subject anyway before finding out if it was a hoax or not. I'm sure you are relieved (as are a lot of VI fans I assume.)

I couldn't care more/less if either Leo or Gesthal joined. The soundtrack - meh.
 
I don't know why people are making such a big deal about the music. It's a handheld; of course the music is going to sound horrible.

Also, the voice track for Celes' Aria sounds a lot better imho. I hope it carries over to Dancing Mad.
 
Yes, the voice for the opera actually sounds better.

If they can make an effort to make FFV Advance's music sound somewhat decent, I think they could try a bit harder for FFVI Advance. :p
 
dappa said:
The gameboy advance is more powerfuller than the snes, so its strange that the music aint as good.

The GBA may be a 32-bit system, but it's just not powerful enough to faithfully port FFVI's graphics and sound. The GBA's synth is very, very poor, so few games on it have high quality soundtracks. And of course, the SNES has much better synth. Also, the resolution of the GBA's screen is smaller, so many battle backgrounds have had to be cut down or changed (like the cliffs in the Ultros battle).

Although I know that some things would be drastically downgraded, I had just gotten my hopes up when they gave a nice port of FFV. I was hoping they'd pay special attention to VI of all games, but, well, it is SE. :p

Yes, the voice in the original SNES version was really irritating...

:(
 
Zeromus_X said:
Although I know that some things would be drastically downgraded, I had just gotten my hopes up when they gave a nice port of FFV. I was hoping they'd pay special attention to VI of all games, but, well, it is SE.
FFVI drew out the limits of the SNES far more than FFV did, so it’s little wonder that FFV was ported more successfully to the GBA.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top