I need html help(do not post unless you can help)

Oolyan

Chocobo Rider
Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
88
Age
35
Location
holding Miyu
RPG Name
Oolyan
please someone here must know how to imbed music into an html document i do not want controls i just want for when you open the page for it to play the song



EDIT:someone please move this to the eletronics section i was not thinking when posting this ;hea
 
I have posted this samething on soompi, I will try and find it for you.
 
I think this is right, if not then I can link you to the girl who gave me this info.

<EMBED SRC="ENTER SONG HERE" HEIGHT=xx WIDTH=xx>
 
Moved to the Hardware Heaven :)
 
thank you soooo much im gonna try it now in a sec or a few minutes whatever
 
I hope it works, if not then I will asked that girl again.
 
Well I don't know that one, let me contact that girl then. Is there anything else you would like to know so I can asked her?
 
Last edited:
After a PM request from another member on this very subject, I googled for html help, and found it. This code works fine buried in my forums footer code.

<EMBED src="http://www.myplace.com/coolsound.wav" width="144" height="60" autostart="true" loop="true" hidden="true">

Just replace the web address above with where the music you want to use is hosted. This code doesn't show anything on the page, and loops automatically.
 
Make the loop false. ^^;;

If a poster posts more than twice in a topic, it plays each time, and with 15 posts a page, it'd get a bit tedious. =D

At least thats how the one I had used to work anyway.
 
Yes, it does restart with every link clicked. Hadn't discovered that when I posted that post, but realise it now. Depends on what he/she needs it for though.
 
Yes, that's true also.

I doubt it's for the forum though. Well, you never know, but a lot of that group has needed HTML help for school, so it's doubtful it might be used on here. Unless some decides to use your handy code. =D
 
I have access to the necessary style files on this forum, and could add some music if you like. How about The Smurfs theme song ? ;whis ;arf ;hap
 
Arkacia said:
I have access to the necessary style files on this forum, and could add some music if you like. How about The Smurfs theme song ? ;whis ;arf ;hap
z0mg, go for it.

The others may not like it, but I won't complain. :D

Possibly Fraggle Rock? =D
 
Dammit, you were supposed to scream no, not agree with me :p.

Seriously though, I won't add music here, as I imagine it would annoy the heck out of most members. That is usually the effect automatic music has on me when I visit other sites.
 
Hehe. =D

I'd imagine taking the "loop and hidden" true part out and making it false, sticking it at the bottom of the forum, and having people suggest reasonable songs, it'd be a good trend. It'd make members interested, and they'll have music. =D

Then again, it's a loose idea, so feel free to say no, or add on to that. =P
 
Update::
The HTML project that Blackstar, Soma, and Oolyan were doing is now over. Oolyan finally got his site to play the music for him. I would go back and look at the code for it to see how he did so and post it so that if anyone ever needs help again, it will be here. The only thing is that it's on my computer at home and I'm at my dad's house so I don't have access to it. Sorry...
 
I usually have my own music on, so any site-music just interferes. If there'd be music on this site, at least make it an option for everyone to turn on/off.
 
meh, automatic music makes it feel it obligatory no matter how good the music is
that's what i thinkz anyway
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top