I need your ideas.

The live chat would be an IRC room that people join to chat if they want to. I'm not suggesting an on forum shoutbox type thing because they are annoying to the extreme.

The general quality of discussion does need to improve, so either stricter moderation (which I doubt most of you would like to see) or the forum itself changed so the topics themselves encourage more than idle chit chat posts.

I would like to see that IM/internet/SMS/Leet speak banned here to be honest. It is difficult to understand, makes the poster look 10 years old with an IQ of 20, and is just plain irritating to see. We can all read, write, and speak english, or we wouldn't be here. A possible addition to the standing forum rules perhaps?
 
Keep posting more ideas, I liked many of yours... I'm sure I'll think of some more than the ones I already suggested.
 
Arkacia said:
I would like to see that IM/internet/SMS/Leet speak banned here to be honest. It is difficult to understand, makes the poster look 10 years old with an IQ of 20, and is just plain irritating to see. We can all read, write, and speak english, or we wouldn't be here. A possible addition to the standing forum rules perhaps?
That's our deepest wish <3


And what about the 1337 Sp33k thread?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
So wait now everyone is anti asain? Well that makes me feel bad, I love asain people. *isnowmad* Reason's such a trator Gackt is a god!

I like the idea of walkthroughs and what not, what would really help the forum.

I was think though, what if we accually got a paid host for a site, and have the forum be a shoot off from it? You know like a website about the final fantasy series with lots of info and such? <--- Just an idea
 
O_o there was only one thread though for Gackt, and one for Miyavi last time I checked. And Yes he is a god!
 
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

And yes I agree with arkacia on posts which have all this internet sms slang, most of it I dont understand and makes it irritatiing to read thats why some threads I dont bother to read.
 
Spec Highwind said:
That's our deepest wish <3


And what about the 1337 Sp33k thread?

That thread will be fine, as it is in spam. If this new rule is introduced, and it probably will be, Spamtastic will be exempt.
 
Commenting on a lot things mentioned in this thread:

The AOL kid speak should stop. You are losing a lot of members due to it. I used to be admin on another site but stepped down for various reasons, most being due to not being able to commit enough time, and we gathered random people from the Internet aged from 16-25, and asked them to comment on our site. We also asked them to give the number one reason why they wouldn't join. The top two reasons: Immature kids making immature threads that are nearly identical - userz wur tiipin leik disz.

I think the Spamtastic section should stay, but heavier modding rules on the other parts of the forum. People spam the other sections enough. They should keep it in the spam section. I mentioned it before, but a member said their posted count went due to spam. Same as mine. The point of a forum is to have fun. But remember, we're not 6 years old. Show at least a little maturity.

The front page - whomever it was that said it should be extended to all Sqaure Enix titles was smart. That's a good idea and it will bring in more members.
 
Arkacia said:
That thread will be fine, as it is in spam. If this new rule is introduced, and it probably will be, Spamtastic will be exempt.
Oh... I totally agree with that.
 
At least someone liked my ideas. But were is the fun in taking away some things? Spam section is our little place to have fun, and everyone needs to have some fun, not always be serious. I mean yes there is always a time and a place to be serious, but 24-7? That is what ruins you life and relationships with others. If you can't lighten up once in a while, well then, O_o that's just weird.

Okay I am done, just try to see where I am comming from first please.
 
I doubt they will remove anything. What I think they should do is not give out gil or add anything to a users post count when they spam in the spamtastic forum.

Another thing that people need to do and dont is read all the threads and see if what they are gonna say has already been said. I trawled through the ff8 forum earlier today and noticed that some of the older threads had the same subject material in them than some of the newer threads.
 
Last edited:
Im sorry if i piss some people off with this but some of you seem like you want to totally make this site a lock down on the fun section i mean yeah we have got really off track with a major spam overload but totally removing the spam section would lead me to want to leave because I enjoy the goofing off. But yes i do agree that we should enforce less spam on the other sections and an rpg thread for roleplaying might be kinda cool if we got it started. And one other suggestion would be to go through and delete alot of the absolutly DEAD threads and clean up a bit.
 
I am in whole agreement with blackstar. Again like he said, not to be mean, but the way this is all going, it does sound like a lock down, and you may lose so members who are hear all the time due to it. Just my point of view.
 
Calm down people. Nothing has been decided and everything here is only ideas. From the reaction so far, Spamtastic will be staying, but spam in the rest of the forum will be clamped down on. That is the whole purpose of this thread, for us staff to see what you the members are comfortable with changing, and what you aren't.
 
I would definitely get rid of the Spamtastic forum and install an IRC client instead. A frontpage with walkthrough information and the like would also be a great idea, and I believe that I would actually contribute to such a thing. I think that would be just the thing to attract more people, though obviously we would have to all work together to gather professional-looking content.
 
Last edited:
I have a question. In all honesty, not to be mean or anything by any means, but do all you really want/care about is more members? I mean I see we have people join all the time, weither or not they come back or not is a whole diffrent story. But if all you really want is more members, then what truly is the point of this forum? I used to be on another forum called Mizuiro, and all the own cared about what how many members she had, not how close nit the friends who were already there felt about the whole thing. For some forums turn into a form of a family, and close friendships. So from my experiance with forums and all, if all you want is more members, I fear the forum could go down hill.

Now as for ideas, I am sticking with my whole front page idea. I think that would help jazz the site up. My whole thing with it though, was make a real website for the Square titles, with info, pics, yadi yadi da, and have the forum shoot off from that. If you look at other Final Fantasy and square based websites, that is what they do, and they do soo well too. Perhaps maybe some of you are on a forum based from a website, like FFextream, and FFinsider, and know what I am talking about.

Again read and think before flying off the handle and all everyone. Just take a moment and breath if it upsets you. I care about this forum too, so I don't want to see it break apart for reasons, and things we cannot agree upon. I respect everyones opions, ideas, and points of view. I also respect all admins, and the job they are trying to do. I know because I am an admin on so many forums myself, what a pain it can be sometimes. Let's just all work together towards and outcome that everyone is happy with. I love you all. You are all my friends in my book. Ne?
 
dappa said:
Another thing that people need to do and dont is read all the threads and see if what they are gonna say has already been said. I trawled through the ff8 forum earlier today and noticed that some of the older threads had the same subject material in them than some of the newer threads.


Actually, Dappa - I'm glad you brought this up.

It's been my intention to clear up those mangled posts/threads beginning with the FF's I know the most about (perhaps Zero, you can help with anything b4 VI as I still haven't even gotten through FF1.) I've just been bogged-down a little. I have some free time coming up so I'll do so.

Otherwise, I disagree that Spamtastic should go (as I've mentioned.) If a lot of the activity is in that section...there goes 90% of your activity on the forums...THAT in and of itself will lose us a lot of members. ;)
 
Not necessarily. Removing the spam forum might encourage members to post in the other sections. Indeed, if activity there is what you say it is (I doubt it's 90% but I haven't counted. I can't bring myself to spend my time in there) then perhaps it would be a good idea to encourage people to stop posting their and instead focus their attention on a few of the other forums. The only difference between a general thread and a spam thread is one requires you to put some actual thought into what you post. If people really have so much trouble doing this, then perhaps this IRC chat room being discussed is exactly what they are looking for.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top