I need your ideas.

Yeah I agree with all your guys points of view! This is awesome that we are all coming together like this to make the forum a better and more productive place for old and new members!
I don't have the skills in making skins and what not because my computer just can't do that. But to help out the mods and such, time for me to step up to the plate to and stop the spamming! :)
 
i like ffnet the way it is...its a great way to interact wif ppl...and the whole levling thing and gil i think is awsome
 
Ok, here is what I am going to be doing:

1. Updating this forum to the newest VB version.

2. Updating the RPG to a latest, more options version.

3. Keeping the skin for the time being (if it still works with the newest version of VB). I will get a new made when Ark and I get everything up to speed with the forum.

4. Keeping the Spamtastic forum in tact, if you don't like wasting your timr reading nonesense posts, then aviod going into that forum.

5. Offtopic threads will be modded more heavily, if it looks even remotely close to a nonesense/spam posts, in it goes to the spam section.

6. The Gil mod will also be updated. It will be more realistc and a little tuffer to recieve gil, meaning that gil will be more valuble down the road. We will also regulate were your post count and gil will be not added to your total in certain threads. In uploading a newer version of the gil mod, you will all probably lose all gil, sorry, but its going to happen. ;ouc

7. Adding more forums for other games like Kingdom, WoW, and others.

8. We will also be wanting to add a front page. With walkthroughs, cheats, maps, detail info on all FF games. This will take sometime to build. This will also be original and cost me some moeny, but I want it to look great and be the only one out there. The look will fit perfectly with the forums. I have been trying to hire someone on this project for a good while now, and they all seem to fall through. Ark and I will make sure this goes up before the end of the year. We will try to even get it up WAY before that.

9. I am not really a fan of the IRC Chat. If you all would really want to use a chat room, I know of a perfect one I use on another forum of mine and it looks and runs great, but of course, cost money :p

10. Users also have mentioned in the past, about an arcade here. I do like them, but not to sure if I want to add one here. I will have to think about that.

Every forum goes through members. Alot stay, alot go. I wish all stayed and no one every left, but it happens. I truely would like more members to signup everyday, I truely like bigger forums, but how ever the cards may fall with this forum, if it stays the way it is now (30 members a day) or gets bigger, it all works out for me. I will never take this forum down, never ;)
 
Last edited:
sounds, good the only thing that worry's me a little is the heavyer modding in this section. For example what happened last time. If we try to make a topic about the Japanese artist Gackt and Mivayi, it got moved because they thought it was spam, even though we were right on topic. It gave me the feeling that it was moved just because on person did not like it, and or the artist, and moved it. Just how it felt. Would you be kind enough to let us post about them in here? We have no where else to do it.
 
Shaggy said:
Merge?? Well if we do that, there will be no more FFNET. Why would we want to do that, how would that help at all?
You're right, FFNET would be no more. What you would have, however, would be a combined forum with a larger user base. I wasn't suggesting that you just get assimilated by another forum, but more combine your staff and membership with theirs.

However no one seems to really consider that a viable idea, and I don't have the foggiest clue what other forum would go for it, so it's probably not worth thinking about.
 
Last edited:
Shaggy on the IRC idea that cost money i have a friend who said he had a chat program that isnt the greatest thing ever but it worked if youd like i can get it and send it to you so you can look at it.
 
If you're paying for IRC, you better be getting a dedicated server with unlimited bandwidth with 24/hour personal tech support. IRC is free.
 
I like it all, Shaggy.
What's up with the arcade idea?
 
I had an arcade on my forum, but it hardly got used and took up space. Make sure people are accually going to use it first
 
Tifa-chan said:
sounds, good the only thing that worry's me a little is the heavyer modding in this section. For example what happened last time. If we try to make a topic about the Japanese artist Gackt and Mivayi, it got moved because they thought it was spam, even though we were right on topic. It gave me the feeling that it was moved just because on person did not like it, and or the artist, and moved it. Just how it felt. Would you be kind enough to let us post about them in here? We have no where else to do it.

Tifa, those threads were moved to spam because they were spam, end of story, no other reason. As I explained at the time, threads consisting of little more than uploaded pics of singers with discussion that consists of little more than 'wow he's cute, I'm going to buy his next CD' are not discussion topics and do not belong in this part of the forum.

If you want to start a thread on these singers, for proper discussion without loads of pictures, then feel free to do so, in the Entertainment forum which is for movies/TV/music subjects. If you want to post picture threads, they go in the spam forum, so you do have a place to put those sort of topics, in fact you have two.
 
I agree with you Tifa I think thats probably what set me off the most. You explained it perfectly so I don't think there is any point bringing it up again
The ideas sound great Shaggy. About the whole arcade thing for me atleast I could care less whether there was one of not because I won't ever use it.
 
Yeah don't even get me going on that again. I stick by what I said.

Anyhow I do agree. Arcade doesn't do a whole lot for me. I personaly think it just takes up space. So I think before setting one up, see how many people will accually use it, that way you are not wasting that space that could be used for something else.
 
Agreed. Not to mention I don't think the school computers could handle it and I don't want to be stuck at school not being able to go onto ffnet! Even if school is out for the summer.
But as for me. I won't use the arcade, the discussions etc are good enough for me.
 
Arcade: Woo-hoo
Chat: Woo-hoo, but the time-zone differences could make it diffucult
Different Gil System: Woo-hoo, but losing gil might suck

A couple of different opinions:

Skin choices
Animations for the RPG (Ties in with what Shaggy said)

All ideas seem great, but I like mine most, of course.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top