I need your ideas.

Yeah the losing gil thing isn't really that big of a deal...for me atleast because when do I ever use it? :)
I most definetely would like a chat. I have never found that to be useless
 
I have 2,357,783 gil. Its all int he bank and I haven't done a thing to earn it. This is why I want to start over with the gil. I want them to be more valuble for you users. Not just something you get for free ;)
 
O_o or you could be like me and let is sit out in the open and go "look I am a gil whore!" We anyhow what ever you choose it should work ^^
 
Arkacia said:
As you've all no doubt seen, the forum is losing activity. We all need to put our thinking caps on and try to brainstorm some ideas to get things here interesting again to bring the old people back, and new ones in through the door.

Some things I've thought up, or seen posted in the admin/mod secret area are..

New forum areas for other games besides FF.

I like this idea, but instead mabey something like a squaresoft/enix forum for other games made by square, not just final fantasy but like kingdom hearts, grandia, valkyrie profile ect.
 
Yes broding the site to not just Final Fantasy could attrack a lot more people. Keep the main idea though, to Final Fantasy, as that is what this forum is about.
 
Tifa-chan said:
Yes broding the site to not just Final Fantasy could attrack a lot more people. Keep the main idea though, to Final Fantasy, as that is what this forum is about.
I second that.
 
well i like the site the way it is
the one thing i really never use would be the arena. but i think the gil should stay.
 
hey take you time. Work tends to keep us all busy. Hey I work 12-8 saturday and I am only part time, and they got my working full. So eh I feel your pain.
 
You wanna know what else you should do Shaggy that Tifa brought up to me the other day which I don't think she mentioned...is changing the signature size...I had one on there the other day and it was up for like 2 weeks then all of a sudden it was removed. And it wasn't any bigger than anybody elses sig. Whats with that?
 
I remove signature images whenever I see that they are over the 130 pixel limit of the forum; since I am not always on all the time nor do I always see everyone's signature, I miss quite a few signatures. Nonetheless, I'll remove them when I see them.

Here's the signature size restrictions thread, in case anyone wants to know: http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1098
 
See that needs to be changed >.> Because if you are a graphic artist and you make a nice signature, and you want to use it, you can't, which in my opion is a little redicluouse. God forbid someone tried to show off nice work and use it for that which it was intended.
 
I think signatures are reasonable as long as they don't mess up the forum size. There is all this space underneath a signature. I don't see why this space can't be filled with non-animated signatures as long as it doesn't stretch the border or the post.
 
Tifa-chan said:
See that needs to be changed >.> Because if you are a graphic artist and you make a nice signature, and you want to use it, you can't, which in my opion is a little redicluouse. God forbid someone tried to show off nice work and use it for that which it was intended.

Then why can't you just make your signature smaller? I will admit I am no expert in graphic design, but I wouldn't see why this would be a problem. The forum's signature size limit is 130 pixels in height; there is no limit to width so long as it doesn't break the forum tables. There is also no limit to text so long as there is not an obscene amount of it (and even then, the smallest text size does wonders). These are the forum rules, like them or not. I really don't see what's so unreasonable; some message boards don't even allow you to put images in your signature at all (which actually does keep things so much cleaner).

I don't recall animated signatures ever being a problem, it's just that people often seem to pick extremely huge ones, from what I've seen. We've never not allowed animated signatures...

At any rate, the entire point to limiting the signature image size is because people often for whatever reason want to use the largest signature image as possible, which was a big problem before the forum underwent its first reform. The signature restrictions aren't for stifling artistic creativity; they're to keep the forum tidy, so that people don't have to scroll down forever to get through posts where the signature takes up more space than the actual text. In addition, dial-up users will have a problem loading so many large images every page (as an aside, this is one reason why "post many large pictures of celebrity or band X!" threads are frowned upon).
 
On that trail of thought, is there a way to get rid of the massive space that appears under each post? The fact that we have to scroll down forever anyway kind of undermines the point about having massive signatures.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top