I talk on these videos about FF12 and FF series' future

I agree with that fighting system stuff... I'm playing FF11... and I do like the battling system AS AN ONLINE GAME! But I can't imagine a solo game with that battling system...

And... How will we play a final fantasy without Nobuo's songs? :(

EDIT: WHAT???????? NO VICTORY FANFARE?!?!?!!?!?!?? I'm going to die :mad: :mad: :mad:

EDIT2: I'm with almost everything you said... I've played Dragon Warrior... and it was a good game... but Enix's RPGs are COMPLETELY different from the ones from Squaresoft... OUR old Square...
 
Last edited:
well i think ff11 and ff12 are kind of lame but thats me i only think i will play up to x-2 :)
 
Many FF games had soundtracks not composed by Uematsu. All the old people have left. It's time to move on. Honestly, what good will it do to whine about 'oh, it'll never be the way it once was..." Of course not! Sakaguchi has even said that he likes how the series is always changing and evolving. You don't honestly want to sit through the same random encounter crap with a different sugar coating every single game, do you? Of course, they've planned to make a real-time game since FFX, but that turned out more like the older games, mechanically.

FFXII is not like an MMORPG. Where does this misconception come from? And you don't control one person, you control three at a time (the other two are usually on Gambit so they're controlled by the AI).

The team that made FFXII also made Vagrant Story and the Final Fantasy Tactics games, so story and soundtrack won't be an issue. And really, we have Gilgamesh, and Zeromus is a Summon. I'm not seeing anything to hate this game before I play it.

Edit: The Victory Fanfare plays when you defeat a boss.
 
Not all RPGs have random encounters, and not all RPGs have Nobuo composing the soundtrack. That doesn't make them automatically bad. Nobuo has not composed the music for all the Final Fantasies anyway, it isn't like he's completely necessary.

And anyway, you haven't played the game. You cannot judge it if you haven't played it. I just don't understand what the big deal is. Things will change over time, and the FF series is certainly no exception. It isn't like all the games will be like this from now on, so you don't need to worry about that.
 
Yes, final fantasy 12 has a very, very different fighting system, but i got the FF12 demo and its not all that bad. I, in my personal opinion, like it alot. It will take some time to get used to, but it is good. Hopefully youll get to play it soon. Really the only thing that angred me, is that after i got so far on the demo, i got a MISSION COMPLETE SCREEN!!!!!!! I was angry as hell. But im sure the FF series will change depending on the fans. If nobody likes this battle system, im sure they will go back to random battles or try and incorperate a new system.
 
FFXIII will have a variant of the ATB system, so that's something to think about if you absolutely can't stand XII's system. But I enjoy it greatly.

And of course...Crystals!!
 
I agree totaly with the facts you are presenting. Its a totaly different game, and if we wanted a different game we would go buy one. Alot of people here are also FF Fanatics (like me) and it is going to be hard to get used to. And i agree totaly that the square enix games have been alot less fun than the Soft ones. But i have one question.

Have you seen the gameplay in action?
 
Square still works on Square games, and Enix still works on Enix games.

I'm an FF Fanatic, and I don't see what's so morally wrong about these changes.

I've seen the gameplay in action.
 
I personaly like the changes. Ive played the demo, and after playing it i realy enjoyed the differences. Im just wondering if Eru has seen or played it though. Because before i played it, i was sceptical myself.
 
Yes, exactly. That's just how I was. But if you actually give it a chance, you may find you'll enjoy it. You can even read some of my posts from awhile back where I hated the game, before I even played it.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top