I think ff8 is the best!

Agree or disagree?


  • Total voters
    47
I disagree. While the story was probably my favorite, the battle system was lacking.
 
I loved the battle system and characters were fun to play with.
Switching characters was something new for me and the card game was fun, but challenging.
I liked all the gfs, especially the mad dog with the rocket attitude!
They addes some much to the game and it was fun and filled with puzzles and excitement all around.
A great game, too bad I never finished it.
 
Mmm...a mad dog with a rocket attitude? And do u say it is a Guardian Force? I can't remember now...the only 'dog' I remember is Cerberus...
And do u say you never finished the game?
 
Yes, he means Cerberus. His 'attack' is called Counter Rockets.

The battle system wasn't that bad, the problem was the fact that enemies leveled up with you, making it entirely pointless to level up at all (unless you had Abilityx4 and 4 out of the 5 stat boosting abilities - Str Bonus, HP Bonus, Vit Bonus, Spr Bonus and Mag Bonus - equipped). FFVIII is the one FF game (or RPG in general) where I can't stand the random battles (never felt that way about random battles in any other RPG). There is absolutely no point to them, unless you Card all the enemies (Carding makes you gain 0 Exp but normal AP when you win). You get no money from it, and the levels you gain from the experience will only make the game tougher.. which is absolutely retarded IMO and completely turned upside down. </pointless rant>
 
Shadowheart said:
The battle system wasn't that bad, the problem was the fact that enemies leveled up with you, making it entirely pointless to level up at all (unless you had Abilityx4 and 4 out of the 5 stat boosting abilities - Str Bonus, HP Bonus, Vit Bonus, Spr Bonus and Mag Bonus - equipped). FFVIII is the one FF game (or RPG in general) where I can't stand the random battles (never felt that way about random battles in any other RPG). There is absolutely no point to them, unless you Card all the enemies (Carding makes you gain 0 Exp but normal AP when you win). You get no money from it, and the levels you gain from the experience will only make the game tougher.. which is absolutely retarded IMO and completely turned upside down. </pointless rant>

Let me see if I get this right: You're complaing about leveling up because it makes the game tougher?

To me, if the game becomes more of a challenge then I have to become more creative. I felt that the game was actually too easy.
 
I'm complaining because random battling is pointless. In any RPG you'd get stronger from fighting, but here, you actually get weaker (compared to the monsters that level up with you). It's not that the game is particularly difficult even if you level up to level 100 right away, I just always found the random battles in the game dull.. so staying low level is not my way to avoid the game getting a little tougher, it's the only way I can properly enjoy the game. I have no problem random battling in any other FF game, only here.. it's just, no fun.
 
Well that clears up a lot. The first post more confusing than anything else.
 
well i liked ff7 the most but i haven't played ff8 for a long time so i don't remember so much, just that i like to level and it didn't matter, didn't like that the enemies was at the same level as me... but i'm planning to play again sometime soon, after i'v finished ff9 again
 
It was a close call but ff7 wins even though ff8 had stunning visuals that pushed ps1 the limit and had a lot of side quests. But ff7 wins on an involing storyline and the gr8 cast of characters bad and good. Plus irvine really bugged acting all cool but as soon as it comes 2 shooting edea da guy wusses out
 
I playd 7,8,9 and tactics so ff 8 is beter then all . Way? Because she have the most strongest enemis in all of these above. Sorry boys and grls i mast go is bigining good film Nirvana with C.Lambert-om.Cao (do sljedece prilike).
 
although my friends would burn me on the stake for saying this, i think ff8 has probably the best storyline. it makes you think. even though ff8 isnt my favorite ff, i think it has the coolest story.

by the way, ive made a new favorite list:
1/ff4! rock on!!
2/ff6! yay!!
3/ff5!
4/ff9!
5/ff7!

im a devout classics fanatic :p
 
in my opinion i though it was the best one yet! i luved the story line although i dont like sad storys and the cutscenes were really good
 
Hey this is just my opinion but I think FF8 is the best it has a great story line great animation well all that I can say it's the best.
 
FF8 is nice on the storyline, FF9 on graphics, FFX-2 on gameplay!
But all FF's ROCK!!!
 
It has a very romantic storyline, which I like.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top