If you were to rank ff8 1 to 10.. what would u rank it?

Austin Al

Freelancer
Member
Joined
May 12, 2006
Messages
28
Age
37
Location
Mississippi
Occupation
none
i would give it a 9.5... b/c its has a really good story and its just so darn cool!!! and i love the gunblade.. that is the coolest
 
Meh..I'd give it a 7. It's an alright Final Fantasy game, but it's not the best one. It doesn't really compare to some of them. It's better than a few, but then it's alot worse than others.
 
An 8 out of 10. Only thing I saw wrong was it's customization system. Other than that, solid story and funny characters, plus surreal ending and you know I have to like it. I've never understood why people whine about why it's 'too modern' or 'the characters suck' or some other stupid complaint.

Or more hilarious of all, 'a gun sword isn't realistic'. xD No kidding, it is a Final Fantasy after all. :p
 
Zeromus_X said:
I've never understood why people whine about why it's 'too modern'

:p I wasn't whining. I just enjoy Fantasy-styled games a lot more than the Serieux-realistic futurism which is FFVIII.
But still, in a few words: Final Fantasy VIII is a good game. The Junction system may be annoying in the beginning, but ultimately it's totally broken (All my characters had 3000 Hp at the end of the first disc). Only a few characters are quite awesome, and a good storyline.

7,5/10 ^_^
 
Avathar said:
I just enjoy Fantasy-styled games a lot more than the Serieux-realistic futurism which is FFVIII.
I agree.. I prefer fantasy/medieval-style in RPGs.

Spears > Gunblades

Still, I'd give FF8 a 7 I think. I do like the game, just not as much as some others :)
 
I wasn't talking about you Avathar, or anyone in general, just so ya know. ;) I meant the people that obsess over how it must absolutely be a midieval game, even though clearly not all of the FFs have been that way. (Not directed at anyone here, so you know.)

Though I do enjoy more midieval style a bit better.
 
ye same here i would probaly give it a 7 its not all that great.

But i like the gunblades i think they should put them in other final fantasys

i think the magic thing where u draw it is a dodgy, also with the abilities. i think abilities is a goo idea but it could be better

i like the story, at the end it got a bit confusing lol. i mean if the machine was used in the future(time machine) why not distroy it now and it wont be in the future lol

i also think limit break could be better i dont like the random 1s. On squall i kept getting blasting zone and i wanted lion heart got me vexed aspecially when i was fighting ultima weapon.
 
As for that midieval thing. I don't like futuristicness in FFs. Midieval is fine and fun, but I also like technology advanced enoff for cool things. So long as they are behind the real worlds technology. FF7 wouldn't be good if there wasn't Shinra NO. 26, the Mako Cannon, or the Highwind. Or the Mako Reactors. So, for me, technology is needed. Many people say FF7 is the best FF and its one of the most technology advanced FFs. Still, there's nothing like Good Ol Fashion midieval style.
 
i'll give it a 9... i love this game and is my favourite ff but i don't know why...maybe is because it's my first ff. sometimes the story is a bit confused but it's nothing if you had see "Neon Genesis Evangelion"
 
......

Forget it I won't surprise anyone with my oppinion....
 
Avathar said:
You'ld surprise me if you would give it a 6/10. :D

Would it surprise you if I said 5/10? I've only played through it once...so maybe that's the problem. There's a LOT that's good in the game though. Guess I'm spoiled by "better" (IMO) Final Fantasies out there.
 
I would rate it 9.5 Because of the Mosterous Awsomenes of the game and i love that Seprinoth plats his part in it......*I think* lol
 
Hammer said:
I would rate it 9.5 Because of the Mosterous Awsomenes of the game and i love that Seprinoth plats his part in it......*I think* lol
Well done.

Anyway, I would give FFVIII around a 7.5-8/10. I love the setting of the game and the characters are generally likable even though they are incredible 2D. The story is pretty good, apart from the awful orphanage plot twist (what the FUCK. I mean, even the execution was terrible!) and the battle system is enjoyable, if easily abusable. Triple Triad was entertaining to some degree and you actually get some pretty decent rewards out of it.

Definitely on the top scale of FF games, probably around the FFVI mark.
 
i give it a 9.8 because i have yet to find a perfect Final Fantasy
plus I didn't like the excessively long cinematics... there were only a few... made the replay on the game go down for me... knwoing they were there and didn't want to go through them again
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top