is ff8 better than x-2

auron

Freelancer
Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2006
Messages
28
Age
35
Location
unknown
Occupation
guardian
RPG Name
auron
do ya think its better than ffx-2
 
O.o FFX-2. Come on dude. PS2>PSX/PS1. Even if FF8 was a fun game, FFX-2 is clearly better than it. :D
 
X-2 has a godawful story that spits in the face of FFX. FFVIII has a great story. X-2 has a nice battle system, but I just can't compare it to VIII. (I wouldn't compare it to Mystic Quest. That's right. I said it.)*

*I apologize deeply if you were one of the twenty people that enjoyed Final Fantasy Mystic Quest. Sorry! :/
 
ffVIII is ten times better than ffx-2. X-2 has a good graphic but it's only because it's for ps2 but i think graphic isn't so important. The story is more important and ffVIII has a better story.
 
Yeah man. FF8 is the stuff.
 
Sephiroth v.2 said:
yes ffx-2 its a lot funnier but the bad thing is ITS ONLY GIRLS! but i like the jobs!
Whats wrong with having only girls?
I really like FFX-2 ALOT better. Although i see alot of people dissagree.
 
Although i didn't quite like the characters and storyline of FFVIII at first (come on, an orphanage? =/ ), i later on enjoyed every little bit of that game. Ultimately, it had one of the more interesting developments story-wise, plus the Junction system being totally broken. :p
To say it in a nutshell, Final Fantasy VIII is one of the better ones, although i still don't like the fact that it's not classic medieval/fantasy styled, but that's just a personal preference.

Now FFX-2...... i could say it in one line:

Final Fantasy sequels. It never works. -_-

This game just held so many more flaws than i'ld expected. First, it's really an all girl thing, and the only thing that encourage me to play it, are still the amazing graphics.
I'm not saying there's something wrong with the gameplay, 'cause the dressphere system is quite good, but in my opinion nothing compared to it previous version in FFX. And the story and its characters....slim to none. I detested the different endings just a little too much to enjoy the game in its whole.

So in conclusion, an obvious result:

FFVIII > FFX-2
 
I dont think they should mess around with the game for sequels. Keep the gameplay the same as the 1st, i didnt like how they strayed so far from FFX.
 
Well, yeah, the job-system thing in FFX-2 is okay, nothing wrong there. But i found the sphere-grid system amazing, and one of the best systems Square ever came up with, in my opinion. And just the difference with FFX and its sequel....meh. Just no good.
 
The Dresspheres were the only thing keeping me playing that game. :p Totally agree with Avathar.

I also didn't care for the music, after associating so many areas with the songs of X.* Still, I suppose seeing what happens to Spira later was interesing, although I think it's better of Final Fantasy where they leave an open ending. (Like they so often do, leave you guessing what happens afterwards.) And the 100% Ending...really ruins all the emotion you had at the end of X.

Anyway, enough about that. I was bored with FFVIII at first, but I'm glad I stayed till the end. The ending was REALLY awesome. And I appreciated the story a whole lot more. I still don't understand why every one hates that orphanage thing though. xD

*The battle theme sounds like the music that plays in a....well, I'll let you guess.
 
For me, it just had a bit too much a cliché feeling , the whole orphanage-thing. Well, that's the first impression i got. =/
 
lol Trying to figure out why those two games are even being compared...

FFVIII was better to me. I'm a fangirl of both, but you could do so much more in VIII. Card game, turning cards into items, using items to make you stronger, setting stats the way you want. (Gawd, I loved the Junction System <3 ) Fun, fun, fun side quests. And let us not forget... The moombas! (rawr!) Not a plushy moomba like in FFX, and X-2... The real, oh so cute and furry, deal.
 
gotta go with FF8 being the best game
but X2 had the coolest level system to me... jobs... i think originally formed in FF5
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top