Is it worth it?

TherathxRikku

Sage
Super Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2009
Messages
1,354
Age
34
Location
Gran Pulse
Website
www.ffliminality.forumotion.net
Occupation
Voice Actor
I've posted a few times about how XII's battle system and cinematics irritate me, henceforth, I've yet to complete the game, 60+ hours went into my file and I'm just now at Euryt Village. I'm only level 35 and I'm this close to never touching the game again.

So, I'm just asking you guys...is it worth playing through? Is the story really that great? Would it benefit me to probably have a breakdown over the "easiest" bosses in this game?
 
I sorta didn't get the story. Does Basch kill Vaan's brother or was it his twin? Does he even have a twin? I'm so confused. Although I haven't beaten it, i'm sure i won't get it until i play it a couple of times through.

It's not worth it storywise, but for the battles it is.
 
as much as i hate the battle system in this game, i must admit, the story line is fairly well done. not as good as the other titles, but still, it dus alrite.

ive gota ask, have you set ur gambits up? u cant really be having that much difficulty if you have ur gambits set up?
 
I didn't have any difficulty really. My Gambits, i think, were just really about healing with everyone so no-one really had a specific job. But I should start a new game and give them jobs.
 
Probably, but I'm still too weak to kill the Demon Wall. I've given up on it, I tried making a new game and starting anew, I want the Zodiac Spear and I'm going through the trouble of ignoring chests. >_> But this game will be the end of me...Not to mention Vaan is an annoying main character, the voice actor got famous in Spy Kids 3D for god's sake...
 
i did the same really...heal as a priority and then attack.

i agree, vaan sucks....no need to go into why, he sucks so much that it isnt worth it
 
He was in spy kids? hmm i didn't know that.

Also theres only 4 chests that you don't need.

1. One infront of Dalans house. (just don't get any in Lowtown).
2. A chest in the palace basement (just don't get any in the palace).
3. Chests were you get your weapons back in the Nalbina Dungeon.
4. A chest in the Phon Coast (Zodiac Spear chest is before here so you don't need to worry about this one).
 
its one of the MANY chests in the phon coast....where heaps are lined up...and i think u can only get the zodiac spear if u pass this point?
 
i think so....but i wouldnt recommend goin there that early in the game.....even at the end of the game that area is very hard....the hardest area in the game
 
i dont get why ur havin so much trouble with this game? wats the actual problem? wat cant u get the grip on
 
now thats strange...that dus happen in new areas, they have made the monsters a good challenge in this game, but u should be able to kill a few, then leave and heal, then kill some more.....just another thing i hated about this game
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top